The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vangaurd Assault

Legonin

Okay so I have just a few complaints with this tree so far from what I have played of it. Its nothing really bad just a few things that don't coincide with each other.

1: Ionic Accelerator - Should not have Stick Strike in the talent. There is no reason for it, beings that this is the range oriented spec. It could be changed into Hammer Shot that once full talented gives you a 15% chance, instead of Stock Strike giving you a 45% chance.

2: There needs to be a talent in this tree which ups the range if Ion Pulse to 20m. It would give us a lot more mobility and it could be added into one of the upper tier talents that you would for sure be taking anyways so that you aren't losing any critical talents to increase the range of Ion Shot.

3: High Friction Bolts - This talent in general I think is good except for the fact that it refreshes Plasma Cell's burn which is just worthless in regards that just about every single ability we have can apply that dot.

3a: It should however refresh Incendiary Round's dot. It would go along with that a lot more fluidly refreshing a high cost dot with a 18s timer on it, then a dot that can be applied by everything with a 6s timer on it.

That is the only issues I have seen so far, and will update more if I see more. I really love this class and spec, I just feel that it needs a tiny bit more tweaking and it will be perfect.

Any and all constructive input would be much appreciated.

I'm sorry, but hinging Ionic Accelerator on Hammer Shot would just be moronic. Hammer Shot sucks, I only use it to manage my ammo. The way it is currently set up gives us more incentive/reward for using a high damage ability like Stock Strike, not an ability we just use to manage ammo consumption.

And wanting Ion Pulse to be pushed out to 20m? :eek: Can you say balance issues?

Besides, 10m Ion Pulse makes it easier to drop into 4m range for a Stock Strike.

However, I think it does make sense that High Friction Bolts should refresh the cooldown on Incindiary Round's dot...I mean, it's a BURN effect, right?

I dunno 18s is a pretty long time, maybe if it just added 6s to the duration?

Edited by Pearnicious

I'm sorry, but hinging Ionic Accelerator on Hammer Shot would just be moronic. Hammer Shot sucks, I only use it to manage my ammo. The way it is currently set up gives us more incentive/reward for using a high damage ability like Stock Strike, not an ability we just use to manage ammo consumption.

And wanting Ion Pulse to be pushed out to 20m? :eek: Can you say balance issues?

Besides, 10m Ion Pulse makes it easier to drop into 4m range for a Stock Strike.

However, I think it does make sense that High Friction Bolts should refresh the cooldown on Incindiary Round's dot...I mean, it's a BURN effect, right?

I dunno 18s is a pretty long time, maybe if it just added 6s to the duration?

I don't think that Hammer Shot would be moronic simply the fact that you do only use it for ammo management, and with a small enough % to proc it off of Hammer Shot to not make it OP while still making it worth while would help us have a more consistent DPS.

Ion Pulse as it is, is honestly a little OP I agree. However it can be reworked for each tree to make it work for that tree not just have it the same across the board. However in my opinion it is moronic for them to have even considered having Stock Strike any part of this tree. Again it is a ranged tree, it would be like Blizzard making Raptor Strike part of the Marksman Tree's rotation in WoW. They could have put something better in this tree in place of that ability all together or just left it out. Yes to have a talent in here that would attach a 2s stun to it would be nice so that we could get away from the target, but to make it part of this tree's actual DPS output was dumb.

As for High Friction Bolts refreshing the full duration, there's no reason for it not to. Honestly any target whether it be PvP or PvE that you are wanting to put that dot on you are going to keep it on the target no matter what, so it might as well refresh the entire duration and save that much more ammo.

Edited by Legonin

Okay so I have just a few complaints with this tree so far from what I have played of it. Its nothing really bad just a few things that don't coincide with each other.

1: Ionic Accelerator - Should not have Stick Strike in the talent. There is no reason for it, beings that this is the range oriented spec. It could be changed into Hammer Shot that once full talented gives you a 15% chance, instead of Stock Strike giving you a 45% chance.

Honestly, I'd have rather seen Accelerator work with Ion Pulse or -Pulse Cannon-. It'd make more sense, at least thematically- and the multiple-hit nature of Pulse Cannon would mean you could stand, deliver, and then follow up with an HIB for good measure on whatever's still standing.

2: There needs to be a talent in this tree which ups the range if Ion Pulse to 20m. It would give us a lot more mobility and it could be added into one of the upper tier talents that you would for sure be taking anyways so that you aren't losing any critical talents to increase the range of Ion Shot.

We'd be frightening with double-distance Ion Pulse. The kind of frightening that says "nerf me". Giving me that extra 10 meters when kiting would be too good for words. I wouldn't mind, again seeing Pulse Cannon get the ability to burn like Ion Pulse can with our Tier 1 ability.

3: High Friction Bolts - This talent in general I think is good except for the fact that it refreshes Plasma Cell's burn which is just worthless in regards that just about every single ability we have can apply that dot.

3a: It should however refresh Incendiary Round's dot. It would go along with that a lot more fluidly refreshing a high cost dot with a 18s timer on it, then a dot that can be applied by everything with a 6s timer on it.

My only sad part about Assault is you can't stack DOTs, apparently. I'd love to be able to apply burn effects from Inc. Round and Plasma Cell separately. It'd give me more reason to use that ammo hog, not that I don't already.

My only sad part about Assault is you can't stack DOTs, apparently. I'd love to be able to apply burn effects from Inc. Round and Plasma Cell separately. It'd give me more reason to use that ammo hog, not that I don't already.

Inc Round's dot and Plasma Cell can be applied to the same target at the same time...

From a PvP standpoint, the hybrid mix of ranged/melee power in this tree is what I love the most about it. I'd rather not see it become a ranged only spec, which is what it sounds like you want. To each his own, I guess.

When you attack a melee from range they think they need to close with you. We just happen to have nasty surprises waiting for them in the 4-10m range. ;)