The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Torn up on which tank class

derekreevs

So I have found that i would like to tank. While leveling, while in PvP, and while in FP's.

I cannot for the life of me settle on a tank class.

I kind of want to play as a VG, but I dont want to play republic.

I kind of want to play as a Shadow, but again, dont want to play republic.

I want to play as a PT, but already have a level 34 mercenary.

I want to play as an assassin but everyone keeps whining about how ****** they are overall.

I dont really want to play as a jugg because they just seem to suck. Not sure why, but they do. (Are they good at tanking flashpoints, and endgame tanking? What about PvP and I dont just mean running the huttball)

So I have found that i would like to tank. While leveling, while in PvP, and while in FP's.

I cannot for the life of me settle on a tank class.

I kind of want to play as a VG, but I dont want to play republic.

I kind of want to play as a Shadow, but again, dont want to play republic.

I want to play as a PT, but already have a level 34 mercenary.

I want to play as an assassin but everyone keeps whining about how ****** they are overall.

I dont really want to play as a jugg because they just seem to suck. Not sure why, but they do. (Are they good at tanking flashpoints, and endgame tanking? What about PvP and I dont just mean running the huttball)

Get over it, roll Republic, leave the Imp Zerg hive and help the underdogs!

Get over it, roll Republic, leave the Imp Zerg hive and help the underdogs!

eh it would be like jumping from horde to alliance. Just not my taste.

I looked at some of the armor for my Jedi Shadow and I laughed, then /camped (at the PvP vendor). My mid level merc looks 10x cooler than a decked out PvP Jedi Shadow.

I just dont like the way the republic looks overall (not just shadow)

What is the point of this thread?

You want suggestions yet you've already definitively said "no" to all of your options. This is equivalent to saying,

"Someone help me. I currently drink Coke. My only other option is Pepsi or water. I'm allergic to Pepsi and my water supply is poisoned. Nothing can be done to rectify either situation. Any suggestions?"

You have exactly three options: 1.) Man up and stop being such a chic about how your toon looks. 2.) Roll a PT and get over your story issues. 3.) Put down your purse, stop listening to the whiners and roll a Jugg or Sin.

Either way you're not getting your man card back until you decide to trade in your skirt for some pants.

Edited by Gankstah

What is the point of this thread?

You want suggestions yet you've already definitively said "no" to all of your options. This is equivalent to saying,

"Someone help me. I currently drink Coke. My only other option is Pepsi or water. I'm allergic to Pepsi and my water supply is poisoned. Nothing can be done to rectify either situation. Any suggestions?"

You have exactly three options: 1.) Man up and stop being such a chic about how your toon looks. 2.) Roll a PT and get over your story issues. 3.) Put down your purse, stop listening to the whiners and roll a Jugg or Sin.

Either way you're not getting your man card back until you decide to trade in your skirt for some pants.

Unless you do roll a shadow in which case its a skirt for you!

I play an assassin tank and anybody who's said they're bad is an idiot. Or maybe they're just misinformed, but the fact of the matter is that they're spreading bull****. I can tank perfectly well, the only problem I have with the class is that it's not "designed" to be a tank. What I mean is that leveling an assassin in a tank spec is tough, but very worth it. Once you get past 40, you'll see that your battle synergy spikes and eventually peaks at (duh) 50. The way the talents roll up together makes the class work very well.

As for a jugg, I've grouped with other jugg tanks before for heroics. They've done perfectly well. I don't know if they were taunting or not (I don't bother taunting them off other tanks, so I assume they wouldn't either), but they knew I was tank specced and they were still pulling threat away from me. I had to get a lucky string of crits to get threat off them.

I recently discovered the joy of BH tanking with a pistol in your hand and I'm kind of sad that I mained an assassin. I may make the switch later.

As far as not wanting to play republic, I don't see why not. Some of the best players I've grouped with were republic players. They may be in the minority, but that hardly means they're less skilled. If anything, there is a greater statistical chance of you getting a skilled group on the Republic side than the Empire. The only reason not to play one side or another is if you have friends you want to group with.

OP trust in Gankstah. I was unsure where I wanted to go with this game until reading some of his work and decided on a Juggernaut. I have never been happier with the game. Make a choice and follow through.