Where is all the madness? (pvp)

Gingerbeardy

Been reading on the forums that apparently (I don't know or support this its just what i have been reading) sorc madness/lightning spec is op. What i want to know is why no assassins want to roll madness in pvp? it might be different on your server but i don't see any madness assassins around.Every assassin i see is spinning there lightsaber until sh*t dies. Any assassin want to answer why they don't play madness or am i talking sh*t?

off topic:

from what i have played so far it seems like a pve/aoe spec but it seems viable enough to me for pvp, good cc/control and the damage isn't too terrible, for lack of a better description it seems like a feral druid to me. /discuss.

I'm a madness spec and I'm usually top or near the top of the scoreboard and I only have a couple pieces of champion gear even when the team is getting rolled. I think a lot of people underestimate the power of dots. Then again it might just be me since I'm used to playing a suffering tree witch elf from warhammer.

With that said I am also thinking of trying a darkness hybrid spec because I love the way dark charge looks. I know that's a terrible reason for a spec but god do I love how that looks.

I'm planning on trying it at 50 at some point, but, on its face, it seems like a specialized 1v1 gank spec, since it is reliant on multiple DOTs ticking away.

For something like Huttball, which is what I get more than 50% of the time, DOTs are not ideal for a melee train and the assassin tank options provide utility and survivability on a map which is very hostile to melee DPS. So its hard for me to see madness being that great in Huttball. DoTs in Voidstar obviously have their place.

That said, I theorycraft that Madness would be a great 1v1 spec, but all the vids I see of Illum make me wonder whether there is even a place for a 1v1 spec in the game.

I'm planning on trying it at 50 at some point, but, on its face, it seems like a specialized 1v1 gank spec, since it is reliant on multiple DOTs ticking away.

For something like Huttball, which is what I get more than 50% of the time, DOTs are not ideal for a melee train and the assassin tank options provide utility and survivability on a map which is very hostile to melee DPS. So its hard for me to see madness being that great in Huttball. DoTs in Voidstar obviously have their place.

That said, I theorycraft that Madness would be a great 1v1 spec, but all the vids I see of Illum make me wonder whether there is even a place for a 1v1 spec in the game.

the thing about madness is the dps has a "start up time" it takes a good few seconds and a lucky proc for crushing darkness before damage starts to happen. With that being said dotting someone up vanishing then repeating is fun as hell.

I PvP and raid as Madness, and if Assassins are the most versatile class, then Madness is their most versatile spec. As stated there is a few GCD ramp up time and lucky procs on Raze, but once you stack enough crit the Raze proc becomes less of a problem. The ability to do damage as you approach your target is really a benefit as being able to jump out of stealth behind the target is not always an option.

The thing with Madness is while it's a good spec on it's own it shines as a good support tree for Darkness and Deception. That is why you see few 31 Madness Assassins. However, after playing all the specs I've settled with Madness for raiding(when I'm not tanking) for the sheer maneuverability and DPS on the run it can provide.

I've tried Madness and TBH I hated it after being full Deception for so long (missed my burst damage alot!).

But if you like the playstyle it will def work. We (assassins) are pretty lucky that we have different specs to mess around with - it's all based on how you want to play your assassin, and if madness sounds good to you, it will prolly work out for ya. (for me, personally, it didn't =] )

I've tried Madness and TBH I hated it after being full Deception for so long (missed my burst damage alot!).

But if you like the playstyle it will def work. We (assassins) are pretty lucky that we have different specs to mess around with - it's all based on how you want to play your assassin, and if madness sounds good to you, it will prolly work out for ya. (for me, personally, it didn't =] )

I hated Madness the first time that I played it. This was when I was a fresh 50. I do think that Madness really starts to shine once you get better gear. I switched back to Madness a week ago just to try something different (but still with all intents of going right back to Deception) and quite frankly I was blown away with it. My overall damage done is 1.5-2x as much in WZs as Madness plus I'm still getting as many or more actual kills as when I was Deception.

With Madness I don't have to worry about using Maul ever since Thrash is a much better attack to use with the spec, and I don't feel as tied to having to worry about bursting down targets in order to kill them. I also really love the spec in PvE. If we actually had meters in this game I feel pretty confident that Madness is a superior DPS and DPE spec over Deception especially on boss fights.

the thing about madness is the dps has a "start up time" it takes a good few seconds and a lucky proc for crushing darkness before damage starts to happen. With that being said dotting someone up vanishing then repeating is fun as hell.

I view the Raze proc as just icing on the cake. The damage is still very good even without Crushing Darkness.

i agree, im really happy that each assassin spec plays very differently and madness is the most different which is why i like it.

I hated Madness the first time that I played it. This was when I was a fresh 50. I do think that Madness really starts to shine once you get better gear. I switched back to Madness a week ago just to try something different (but still with all intents of going right back to Deception) and quite frankly I was blown away with it. My overall damage done is 1.5-2x as much in WZs as Madness plus I'm still getting as many or more actual kills as when I was Deception.

With Madness I don't have to worry about using Maul ever since Thrash is a much better attack to use with the spec, and I don't feel as tied to having to worry about bursting down targets in order to kill them. I also really love the spec in PvE. If we actually had meters in this game I feel pretty confident that Madness is a superior DPS and DPE spec over Deception especially on boss fights.

I was in full Battlemaster gear when I tried it - I guess i just loved seeing big numbers from a buffed up Shock + Discharge as Deception, and when I couldn't see my 5k-6k crits anymore I immediately curled up into a little ball and cried (or went back to the respec guy!) :)) --- but I do know a few on my server that are Madness/Balance and they are loving it!