Sorcerer/Healer Solo FP/Ops

MtBerg

Hi, i would like to dedicate this to possible solo flash points/Ops.

I am a parent with very passive gaming, so its hard to ask a group of people to wait for a diaper change or make a baby sleep...

Therefore i soloed Black Talon yesterday and i was thinking that maybe, the awesome Inquisitors can solo other FP/Ops!

Please bring your experience to the table, which instances can we solo as healers with our slaves (companions).

Even if it takes time, the experience is the important thing! Right?!

So not to bloat it to much try to restrain to following info:

• Flashpoint/Ops: Black Talon
  • Level you did it at: 13 (dinged 14)
  • Companion: Khem

• Tips: Make sure to bind Khems "Retreat" (passive) and Attack buttons for easy access.
    Helps alot for micromanagement (step out of mines etc).
    Reason to wait for lvl13 - none - i believe it would have been just as easy at lvl12.
    The 2nd heal, the big heal, makes the battles alot easier and you have more chanses to actualy add some DPS rotations.

Regarding DPS, focus on using Channel Lightning spell. Some good dmg for a low Force cost, also you come a long way with big heal, lightning, big heal... etc etc.
    Check other websites for strategies on specific bosses and what is good to know.
    Probably possible to solo this at lvl 11 however it will be alot harder as well as taking alot longer (Khem will do almost all DPS while you CC and heal).
    At lvl13 i ran through all mobs with easy. Never encountered a respawn.
    At the end i dinged lvl14 and after that i barely took any dmg worth mentioning.

Black Talon as many said is a pretty simple flashpoint, I had no trouble doing it with any of the Inquisitor, Warrior or Bounty Hunter advanced classes at level 10, as long as you don't choose the light side boss. To win versus that encounter you probably want to get to level 12 or 13.

The next flashpoint being Hammer Station is probably not something you want to do solo arround it's intended level. 2 manning it should be easy enough though as long as you don't mess up.

Aaargh poor fellow empire.

They gotta wait out daiper changes then...

I was hoping i wouldnt need to be lvl50 (drup durp) to do instances solo.

But i guess there aint much to it then.

And yes, as i said, i ran through BT with no problems at lvl13.

I doubt it would be anything otherwise for other classes either, especialy BH with Mako (healer).

However, BT got me thinking that maybe, at later levels, you can solo other instances as well (except waiting until they where grey).

If i am 2 lvls above can i solo with a Tank companion and i was thinking others would have tried.

If i wait till they are grey i probably have no use of the items they drop either :p

Perhaps slightly better then greens from my own lvl.

But that was not the intent of this thread.

Nor discuss how easy BT is.

If there are players out there that has along with a companion soloed a FP or Operations add in the info, at what level, which companion and if you have any tips.

Then again if others have tried other FP/Ops and is sure that its not possible to solo then, thats it.

And yes, as i said, i ran through BT with no problems at lvl13.

I doubt it would be anything otherwise for other classes either, especialy BH with Mako (healer).

However, BT got me thinking that maybe, at later levels, you can solo other instances as well (except waiting until they where grey).

BT = "Group 2"

All other FPs = "Group 4"

Soloing BT is not different than soloing a Heroic 2+ quest, not really something to boast about.

BT = "Group 2"

All other FPs = "Group 4"

Soloing BT is not different than soloing a Heroic 2+ quest, not really something to boast about.

This is true, although the other posters really had no reason to denounce you OP...

The rest of the Flashpoints are much harder, as the "Group 4" indicates.

You could probably solo FP's that you are several levels above, given that lower level mobs dont do much damage to you, not sure what level difference this actually kicks in at.

Just duo'd Normal Mode Directive 7 (mobs are lvl 48) with my healing Sorc Buddy, I'm dps/heal hybrid sorc, with our two pets.

Was more intense than any 4 man Hard Mode instance or operation I've ever done, so your "idea" is still possible later on, but you might have to tweak it a bit.

At 50, you can solo any of the regular instances ~lvl 40 and below.

I didn't do any FP's after Black Talon, so it was neat to go back and do them, however trivial they may have been at that point.

I've soloed some heroic 4s while all of the mobs were still worth exp to me, but it took *forever*. It was fun to do as an experiment, but not something I'll ever do again.

A lot of the FPs past the first one start to introduce mechanics that make solo play difficult, long CCs, multiple points needing to be dealt with at the same time, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
For a moment I thought I posted this topic, since it describes exactly what I am going through with a 9 month baby.

What server r you in? (eu or us)

I play on EU servers, "The Ravager" as Empire and then ... argh... i have a Vanguard on another server lvl17, can't remember the name of the server though, can update that later.

Both are PvP servers.

Since i find it so hard to get the time for doing instances i keep avoiding it.

Run around doing Heroic +2 solo and whenever my kid sleeps i try to do some PvP with my healer.

But if your on the server "The ravager" add iblezz.

A fun notice regarding BT, i kept being disconnected during my run through so i basicly killed the first 2 bosses 4 times before i could complete the instance.

I got logged out and then i had to redo the entire thing, hahaha.

Being a parent and a StarWars fan sure is tough :D

Edited by MtBerg

I've soloed some heroic 4s while all of the mobs were still worth exp to me, but it took *forever*. It was fun to do as an experiment, but not something I'll ever do again.

A lot of the FPs past the first one start to introduce mechanics that make solo play difficult, long CCs, multiple points needing to be dealt with at the same time, etc.

Then I will skip the idea, and yes doing a 4 man isntance alone with a companion aint that good of an idea.

I guess i will do the same as you, just for the experience of FP and OP,s do them alone when i hit lvl50.

Unless i do find someone willing to take the breaks i need to take care of my kid :p