The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Small dumb question

Erikbash

How can I actually notice when Combustible Gas Cylinder has it's DoT effect turned on? I notice a glowing cylinder (...) around my blaster sometimes. Maybe answering my own question here, but does that mean that the effect is on? Or maybe the next shot will turn it on?

How can I actually notice when Combustible Gas Cylinder has it's DoT effect turned on? I notice a glowing cylinder (...) around my blaster sometimes. Maybe answering my own question here, but does that mean that the effect is on? Or maybe the next shot will turn it on?

When you turn it on you get that coloured glow, and some blaster attacks make it visible. However, once you turn it on it stays on, even if you die or log out. So unless you deliberately switch it off it's not something you need to worry about. The Icon will have a little while line under it when it's on if you are uncertain.

That glowing cylinder will disappear but it's still on, if you check he icon, you will see that there is a little glow on the bottom. Turning it off and on you'll see.

By the way, you can control a little of your companions ability as well, their stances will help you in ways you wish.

Edited by Krondorf

Thanks. I know when the skill/talent itself is active, i just meant the effect of the skill on my targets. I don't notice when the DoT is activated. But i understand now when the glow is around my blaster, the DoT is applied on the target? Edited by Erikbash