Remove the Bubble

Sathid

When you are in an 8 v 8 hutball and 10 out of the 18 players are Sorcerers it's not overpowered if one of them has the most damage/kills, it's just probability. Sorcerer's are the most popular class in the game. It sounds like you're mad because you tried to roll a fotm toon and now the nerf hammer is coming down on your head.

Some total moron in this thread actually said that a sorcerer's bubble is stronger then a priest's in wow. Umm, priest shield absorbs more, costs less mana % wise, have a shorter cooldown, have a shorter debuff untill you can shield again, and at one point even made us move faster for a few seconds. Get Real.

I also saw some other idiot (I think it was the OP) say that snares and stuns are pretty much the same thing because you can't move. I don't even know how you can say something like this and still show your face on the forum. If you really feel this way, the problem is not that sorcerers are OP, it's that you're bad and have a crappy grasp on mechanics.

TLDR: stop complaining and l2p. The class isn't OP, you're just bad.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What frustrates melee characters is probably the fact that on top of all this cc, run, bubble kite stuff there's the issue of bugged animations, at least for the guardian, making abilities sometimes not fire as fast as they should (or in case of Stasis sometimes not at all) or Force Sweep not hitting unless you are almost entirely on top of the target.

Well, I understand that- but that's not cause to nerf another class- that's cause to get that fixed up- and from what the patch notes say there's some incoming fixes for alot of bugged animations.

I know the feeling though- Overload, our knockback and really our main defense in melee as it also has our root- has a second delay. Often it doesn't go off when you want it and you end up missing someone cuz they moved, or sending them a direction you didn't want to- such as when trying to knock someone either off the ramps in huttball or into a hazard, or off the Voidstar bridge.

If you use it, and before it goes off, someone pushes you or grapples you or whatever- the 'instant' waits until that's done, before going on- happens all the time that I end up overloading the empty space where I've been force pushed and landed three seconds after I hit the 'instant' ability.

With upcoming adjustments to the Op/scoundrel class i can see no reason why Sorcs need a bubble or for that matter one on anything less than a two minute cooldown.

I mean why should a cloth class get one the most tankiest buffs out there with a multitude of stunns,roots?

It just doesnt make sense,it fails in the cost reward structure of this game,either pair down the stuns,roots or remove the Bubble.

Grats, for knowing absolutely nothing not only in regards to your own class but the Sorc as well.

The bubble can be burst down so fast it's not even funny, outside from that bubble that you claim needs a 2 minute CD (Idiotic idea), we have no abilities to mitigate even a fraction of the burst DPS other classes can do.

Thanks for stopping by though.

This is a L2P issue.

Know your enemy and chances get far more even.

As a sorc, they can only reapply their bubble once in a fight, if it's any more then you're not doing enough damage, coz the fight prolly lasted way too long.

The first bubble is almost always gone within the first 2 gcd's. If possible try use a ranged attack to break the bubble, in case they are 17 point into lightning for the flash.

Either stun them before they use their 2nd bubble, or wait for them to use their slow/forcespeed combo. if u have a root/stun use it when they have already used their force speed. avoid stun if possible, save that for mindcrush/big heals as a 2nd interupt.

keep the sorc slowed and if u can stay in melee range they are typically toast. if it's not 1v1, dont let them run or los.

-

As for sorcs being top heal dps EVERY warzone.

In a typical game where it's premade V pugs, sorcs blossom coz most randoms let sorcs get away. allot of sorc damage is AOE splash damage. if you take away the aoe, I fully expect a sorc to be ~4th on the ST DPS charts of all advanced classes.

Now I wont argue that sorc/sages are incredibly fun to play. this is the reason why there's so many sorcs around. It is not because they are stupidly op. sorcs are multidimensional with lots of options, it's great fun.

if something should be nerfed with sorcs it should be their effusion ability, nerfed to next 1 ability 50% force cost and not next 2 abilities.

sorcs/sages are very balanced, it's the other classes that need more unique options/flavor.

Bubble SHOULD Stay, but there's no reason for it to put up that big of an absorb on a 20 second cd. I mean it heals for about 5k(absorb) and considering you can precast it you're doing 10k -20k healing worth of absorbs in any given fight.

I'm not saying it should be taken out of the game, I'm just saying they gave the best healing tool healing specced sorcs get [static barrier] and gave it to the dps spec as well.

I've had fights where I easily do 25-30k damage on a sorc and they're constantly popping sprint running behind a pillar and getting big 6k heals off on themselves and recasting static barrier. Can't really think of any class that has that much effective health in a fight.

Here's a solution, for sorc dps, make the cool down on static barrier start after the shield wears off. Or reduce the force healing coefficient for dps casters.

**I dont have any problems with healing specced sorcs having static barrier the way it already is**

Take the sorc bubble away... lol right, kill my bubble and as a healer there isn't a damn thing I can do to help against burst raid dps in pve. Not to mention it is the sorcs only defense against burst damage in general.

The bubble is useless in PVP, any half decent player with semi decent gear gets my bubble down in no time.. we are rather squishy and all we get is children crying nerf em !

Get over it and learn to play your char, if you cant beat a sorc in 1 on 1 more times than not then your the bad player or your gear is total rubbish or more than likely both.

Sorry but its as simple as that.

My level 50 sorc gets toasted all the time by mercs.. so I guess all us sorc's should start crying about mercs next..

These forums are just like the STO forum with the moaning little kiddies that for some reason I will never understand the devs actually listen to..

And you all cry and cry about the stuns and slows we use ? well the stuns only work if your taking no damage except for one that lasts a couple of seconds only.. and the slow ? so freaking what, your slowed down.. we have to STAND STILL to cast most of our stuff..

Again, learn to play your own toon instead of blaming others for your suckness :)

As a heal build who actually spends his time medic-ing the team, I am not the dreaded 31/31/31 build that everyone assumes every sorc is. As a result, I can't instantkill juggernauts by pressing the I win button every second like an Operative can.

Heh. Yes. I love how imposing the bubble is that when I pvped, the first hit an OP did pre-nerf broke bubble, and the next two hits killed me while I was stunlocked by being KD'd and apparently somehow that not counting as a status I could break from.

Other notable deaths are a marauder specced properly using both jumps to trolololo his way to victory. Bubble lasted two hits this time

A trooper stunned me and then obliterated me. I had the luck of absorbing as many as three hits from his full auto before the shield broke and then he really started piling the damage on.

Yes, I don't think bubble helps that much. It does help, not much.

I suggest you stop crying.

You have a point about the stuns and roots. In my opinion they last too long, and need to be toned down on all classes.

That said, Sage/Sorcerer does not need a so called bubble nerf. In fact, operative did not need a damage nerf. The just need to reduce all stuns from 4 seconds down to 2. Also, maybe make the cooldowns with all stuns (on all classes) a little longer.