Any real life soldiers playing trooper?

Smygdamp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior service Army, 6 years (thanks, stoploss!). 96B. Last assignment was an MP unit that got attached to 3rd ID just in time to be some of the first across the Iraq border in 2003. Good times. Not!

Once was enough for this fobbit. Turned down massive re-up $$ and separated to be with my (now) wife. Still miss the Army and my troops sometimes.

Best wishes and good hunting to those still serving. Stay safe, fellas. I think of you guys often.

NCOs Lead the Way.

13 year USMC Vet, 0341/0352 crosstraining FTW, that is Mortors and TOW missiles for those that dont read the MOS. I humped a baseplate for years before someone got smart and put us on LAVs. Then Life was gravy, no more walking for this grunt. Thats how I cross trained to TOW Gunner cause the LAV units were all cross trained on weapons platforms. Just FYI TROOPER mortor shot is my favorite ability and I start every combat I can with it and freeze grenade or grav shot.

Lt. Drix

"Sounds like you could use a soldier"

Just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for all the US soldiers here... For someone that was not allowed to join because of Knee surgeries - I appreciate it.

You guys are great, thank you again for your service.

Were arrows involved?

On a serious note, former IDF

Just want to say thank you to all of you as well. I tried ROTC for the Air Force and OCS for the Navy after I graduated but surgery on my ear drum from being a life long swimmer iced me both times. Thank you again for your service.

US Paratrooper, combat engineer.

Over all it's good stuff, though the occasional saluting in strange locations/situations is a little wierd sometimes.

One thing that makes me laugh is the entire romance option with Dorne. Like 4X wouldn't report that....