It Gets Better

memoriesofprey

I know, you've heard it before from all those virtual dual-wielding gurus who explain away all woes with a simple 'learn to play' or 'get to 50 and get PvP gear'.

It takes a little more than that, but I would like to emphatically stress that what you're doing now- slugging away through endless situations that don't look too bright? That's all worth it. The class gets on par with everyone else, and it starts doing just as the box implied.

Here's a check list:

• Frame rates. Hit CTRL-SHIFT-F to check. Make sure yours is decent. If it's not, improve it.
  • Make sure your keybindings are well suited to multi-tasking. Consider a mouse/gamepad of your choice with lots of buttons.
  • You've got a lot of abilities. You may be tempted to only focus on the twelve or so that you use most often. Don't give in to that temptation. Use almost all of them, and learn which situations suit each ability best.
  • Play a few other classes a little bit, to get the gist of how they work. Weaknesses, strengths. Use that knowledge for timing interrupts/defensive cooldowns.
  • Always backstab, if you can. Always be on the move. There's no reason to stand still.
  • Get to 50. Don' be discouraged by how hard you'll fail without gear. It kind of sucks until then. Experiment with all three specs, till you find the one you enjoy.
  • Get some Champion/Columni/Tionese gear. Doesn't need to be a full set, yet. Unless your server is full of overachievers.

*********** finally, you're ready to go and pull your own weight.

In short: don't give up. Stick with it. It's awesome.

Edited by memoriesofprey

Once I hit 40 the game changed for me. I felt lacking to GODLY.

Hell, yesterday in Huttball I went 43 / 0, over 300k DPS, and scored 3/5 goals without a dedicated healer. I just feel awesome as a marauder now.

So yes, it does get better ;)

Even for us Lowly Carnage Spec Marauders?

At 40 carnage becomes awesome. I really don't understand the carnage hate on the forums.

Overall I felt as any tree PVP pre-40 was kinda rough. Just got to find what fits your fancy.

At 40 carnage becomes awesome. I really don't understand the carnage hate on the forums.

Overall I felt as any tree PVP pre-40 was kinda rough. Just got to find what fits your fancy.

Probably because Anni has some of the best PvP Talents. Lower CD on Force Charge, no minimum range on Force charge, self-heals that scale with your HP, Force Camo makes you immune to damage, lower CD's on most of our defensive and Offensive cooldowns. What does Carnage have? a 3 second root, and 1 rage after 6 seconds. One. I mean its like the devs didn't even try. Ataru form is great, but you need good crit chance. to make the extra ataru damage mean something. Oops didn't mean to rant.