Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

UNOFFICAL welcome , and waiting for invite thread

Alberone

I pre-ordered 5 days ago, yet I still think, that we all get in until the 15th. This whole wave-concept is really stupid, I'd prefer the que system, where you have to wait some hours or whatever to login. They did a stress test for what ? They know that their servers are capable of holding large amounts of people and yet they still do it so slow and in stupid waves, based on when some nerd redeemed his code.

The Wave system is the best, it makes sure the servers don't get overloaded, and get a flood of "we hate you Bioware and your stupid queue system I can't get in".

I'd love an answer from Bioware about the European Servers and European Players.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-ordered 5 days ago, yet I still think, that we all get in until the 15th. This whole wave-concept is really stupid, I'd prefer the que system, where you have to wait some hours or whatever to login. They did a stress test for what ? They know that their servers are capable of holding large amounts of people and yet they still do it so slow and in stupid waves, based on when some nerd redeemed his code.

Honestly I'd rather deal with that too. You won't know exactly when you'd get in, but at least you have a number to a server you want to log into. Or even if they did it for the first few days of pre-orders and let the server queue handle it from there. Then once the queue was low, invite more and have them wait in queue. Right now they don't really have an idea as to what server you'll play on so I don't really understand why this staggering invites thing was a much better idea. Not everyone will be spread out on servers evenly. Even in Beta I chose the last server on the list that was EST time, as it's closest to my time zone. While other servers placed me at 800+ that server had me as like 500 in queue.

Edited by Yaretzi

I've been laughing at this thread. All these people complaining because they aren't first.

Hell, they originally planned to begin on the 15th and decided to do it early to make things smoother.

They're doing everyone a favor and because some of you aren't first you whine like children.

Grow up, thank Bioware for trying to get people in earlier than they said they were going to, quit complaining.

Obviously this isn't meant for everyone. Many of you have been decent people and are excited. I hope to see some of you in game.

I didn't preorder until October 2nd. I honestly don't care that I'm not first. I'm glad for those that got in, but if I don't get in until the 15th then I still will be happy. The 15th is what we were told. Chill out a bit. Your turn will come.

I've been laughing at this thread. All these people complaining because they aren't first.

Hell, they originally planned to begin on the 15th and decided to do it early to make things smoother.

They're doing everyone a favor and because some of you aren't first you whine like children.

Grow up, thank Bioware for trying to get people in earlier than they said they were going to, quit complaining.

Obviously this isn't meant for everyone. Many of you have been decent people and are excited. I hope to see some of you in game.

I didn't preorder until October 2nd. I honestly don't care that I'm not first. I'm glad for those that got in, but if I don't get in until the 15th then I still will be happy. The 15th is what we were told. Chill out a bit. Your turn will come.

It's not so much the 'not in yet' people are annoyed about, as having to sit here camping twitter/the forums/our e-mail to find out WHEN we get in.

If we'd been informed ahead of time there'd be a lot less overt complaining because we wouldn't've have gotten up at 0 dark hundred on the assumption that we were probably gonna get in right away.

They didn't give us ANY IDEA when to expect to get in, so when the first wave didn't even let in everyone from the first day, there were going to be angry people.

Lot of people thought everyone from July was going to get in immediately. I figured it'd be at LEAST a couple of days.

When expectations don't match what happens people get upset. We were left to form our own expectations because Bioware didn't issue even the remotest hint of guidance. Angry people were inevitable.

Lot of people thought everyone from July was going to get in immediately. I figured it'd be at LEAST a couple of days.

When expectations don't match what happens people get upset. We were left to form our own expectations because Bioware didn't issue even the remotest hint of guidance. Angry people were inevitable.

I think this is a big part of it. The waves are smaller than people thought they would be. They claimed to have hundreds of thousands of people on the servers during the last beta event. I don't see any way possible that doesn't get the first week of codes in on day one.

They didn't give us ANY IDEA when to expect to get in, so when the first wave didn't even let in everyone from the first day, there were going to be angry people. ... When expectations don't match what happens people get upset. We were left to form our own expectations because Bioware didn't issue even the remotest hint of guidance. Angry people were inevitable.

C'mon, if Bioware gave you "guidance", and then didn't abide by it, you'd be far more angry. They've given you no reason to have any particular "expectations". I registered my pre-order on July 23, and while I hope to get in today, I don't "expect" to.

If you'd been running this process, do you seriously think you'd have given people "ballpark estimates"? I wouldn't have, for precisely the reasons you cite -- to manage expectations.

well i have finals this week so does not really matter when i get email :(. Although i could always not graduate next week and just go to school another year. lol i will not get in for a while (probable a good thing) because i did not pre order till 8/11.:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.