Light or Dark?

Shotgonius

Now.

I do understand that not all Sith are insany /destroy all nutcases and sometimes the light side choices make a bit more sense ( take : Lightside - kill em fast, darkside - kill em slowly) but overall...

Why would you want to be a fully Lightside Sith? Why? Overall how the society works, how Sith work ...if you want to be a hippy go Jedi to be short and brief.

Also Darkside is more fun x)

Edited by Sanahe

I actually did this as an experiment with my two warrior class characters. One I took full out light, the other full out dark. The fact is, I didn't really enjoy either. Playing the character just to max out its alignment and get the cool speeder did have its benefits, but there we times, on both sides of the force, where one choice was just idiotic. And it made me cringe having to press it.

Other times it would completely turn around an entire section of a class quest, skipping some rather hard but epic battle in favor of a more.. ehm... expedient method of information gathering. Which was a surprise, though at least both had their moments of epicness.

The lesson I can share from doing this is that you need to ask yourself which comes first, the story or min-maxing?

If you answered the story, I offer the same advice I'm using for my sorcerer now: Pick the choice that sounds coolest. In the mood for some choking or lightning? Go for it, even if you're lightsided. You're having a bad day after all, its only natural to let loose on that poor sob. Or maybe you've just spent 2 hours running around helping out the locals and you're definitely not doing this guy's work for him just to get an answer, so electrocute him!

Or maybe most of the time you do have your fun and take out you wrath on others, but killing this one fellow seems like a mistake. Try looking for a neutral option, it can sometimes lead to better dark side options (or better punchlines to go with your lightning!). If you still think he needs saving, well save him. You're a Sith, you can do whatever you want, even be nice. Who's going to say otherwise? And if they do talk back, there's always plan A: Lightning!

Its far more satisfying to turn of the light and dark indicators on the convo wheel and just pick what your gut says :)

For my Sorc, I just play it as I see the character's personality growth. He started off as a bitter slave and hated everything the Sith did, so he started down the Light path, but as he got more powerful, he embraced more Dark Side choices. Right now at level 30, he's Dark Side II, with ~800 points into Light Side. I have the choice of buying Dark Side II gear, but to be honest I've bought better looking, upgradable gear from the AH and from Commendation Gear Vendors. I have facial corruption for my Dark Side II status, which is cool so far. But bottom line is, I make my choices for my character based on how I see his personality developing, not min-maxing for gear.

So you have to ask yourself; Are you concerned with min-maxing (where Light/Dark really only seems to affect what type of high level gear you have access to - but keep in mind you can upgrade Orange gear bought from the AH or Commendations Vendors), or are you more concerned with where you lead your character based on story and personality? For me it's a more enjoyable journey with the latter, but your mileage may vary.

I pretty much went all light, though there was this 1 sith girl for a planet chain quest that ticked me off, so I ended up picking the dark side option to kill her. And the light side voss ending just didnt make sense. Other than that I went light the whole way. Sitting at 7500 light, 7700 light, 200 dark.

I'm only Light III on my own Sorcerer. He was forced into the life of Sith or he could have died a slave, but rather than break and become cruel under the Sith training, he survived and proved his competence.

When confronted with light side and dark side choices, I don't click one or the other, without thinking about them. I kill traitors, I need to work with people I can trust. Yet I also spare the lives of those who fought honourably and lost.

So at the current point I have something like 6000 light side points and 1000 dark side points.

The one thing I hate the most is how certain things are restricted to light/dark V. I can understand how they can be restricted to either being light or dark, such as the coloured crystals.

I really hope they give the grey/not-fully light/not-fully dark siders some love in an upcoming patch.

I'm playng a Sith Sorceres and I just finished Voss.

I think that the difference between Light and Dark can be said in these:

Dark side - Ultra traditional Sith

Light Side - Open minded Sith

Light isn't becoming jedi, of course not even being a Reppublic. You can still call yourself and Empire with max light! You just think that the Empire must act a little different.

Also, i love the SI story because it's full of Lore about the galaxy and the Force too. So, being a Light side Sith, who is open minded with the study of the Force, makes me think that i'm close to Revan himself!

This doesn't mean i don't do dark side option, just I took more light.

Finally, the story has more sence since you have to fight Thanatos, because he's afraid of the changes you could add to the Empire.

In any case.....I love to shock people, instead a Diplomacy Check.

As is well documented by now, the Dark Side has cookies.

Bacon cookies.

From a gear standpoint, there's zero difference.

For the story, well, most of the time, Light is just boring or doesn't make much sense. Admittedly, Dark can be boring as well but there's nothing beating to a pulp or shocking to death can't solve.

I think that you should turn off your hints and go with your gut! ;)

I also started as a bitter, dark side slave who is growing and changing and has left me in the "dreaded" grey area. heh I don't take any **** so I still get some DS points, but my SI finds value in some of those people that could've been offed (ya never know if they will prove useful later) as well as having a soft spot for other slaves since she can relate.

At the moment I'm light side tier 2 constantly playing nice and acquiring a power base of useful tools >:)

note: whats funny about being light side is the fact I'm threatening people left and right and I let them live because they are useful gives me light side points :confused:. I remember in Kotor simply telling Malak you wanted to kill him in the last fight gave you dark side points.