The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP tank in dps gear

Monchon

Hello everyone,

First time poster in forums I wanted some advice from fellow PTs on wether its viable to pvp tank in Champion Combat tech gear and eliminator off pieces. I was a full pyro but got tired of beign in fleet unable to do flashpoints cause people would rather have other dps that can CC, eventhough pyro dps is ridicuolus. Anyways I did some games tonight in my pvp dps gear as a standard ST spec and was getting around 230k dmg and 80k protection. If I have a healer I can last a real long time and about to get battlemaster in 3 lvls and was wondering should I go for supercommando set or get dps pieces?

Any advice would be help I like to do dmg and feel like the dps is fine, but am I gimping myself. Thanks in advance.:D

The DPS set will return a lot more, not saying you can take on more hits with a tanking set, because you can, but most of the defensive stats are just a waste in PvP. The tanking set can work wel in pre-mades, but generally go for the tech gear and do some nice valcon punches. Note that you need only 4 pieces for the set bonus, this allows you to bypass the ugly helmet and take the eliminator helmet, which is magnitudes better in looks. It boosts dps too, in fact I think they are the exact same thing bonus to power.