Paracitism talent... mechanics

Mcskeet

So, I have not yet tested this talent, but im very interested in seeing how this thing works.

First, does it actually heal for 1%, or is it a misguided percentage? because if it healed for 1% each crit, on a 15k health player that would be 150 health per crit.

How about the devour talent? It increases death field and paracitism healing by 20%... so does it make paracitism 1.2%? And is this worth 4 talent points?

Does anyone have any insight who has actually used or tested this talent?

Not worth it for pvp at least. It gets reduced by trauma and you have to remember that in PvP you usually run around with full health for quite a long time until someone finally attacks you and you then generally die within 15-20 seconds at the most. Having small occasional heals whenever you crit with a dot(not all too frequent actually, with 30% crit you can count on affliction healing you once every 10 seconds, and crushing darkness every 3 seconds or so) would not actually help you very much during this burst window.

Now, the important question here however is if you would use shock enough that placing points in it would be useful at all(the main competitor of parasitism along with the damage reduction talent). In my opinion, the answer would be yes(whenever you need to finish someone off but your force lightning has been interrupted).

Edited by Alsntm

Thats some good insight, and I was thinking along the lines of sustainability.

For example, I normally sit back and dot everyone around me with affliction, and creeping death when its not on cd, then crushing darkness when it's not on cd. So at any point in time i have probably 8-10 dots ticking at once, and the reason i started to think about this is because if i have that many dots going, paracitism might keep me up a little bit better while im using death field which can heal me too. Normally in the big frays theres atleast 1 or 2 people focusing me. Your right though, even with 20% talent, paracitism will only heal me for 0.9%, given I have 9 % in expertise, im not sure how that factors in mathematically.

Honestly its really not worth it. Its ok in the smallest sense of the word for madness if you are spreading dots like mad. On average I have about 4-5 dots going with a 31% chance to crit which translates to about 1.4 ticks of parasitism every 3~ seconds. So thats on average 120 * 1.4 health every 3 seconds with dots out. Keep in mind that is really, really, really, really loose math.

Its pleasing to see the health regen when it comes raining in through luck but it practice its not worth it. Though I keep it just because I like the false hope those green numbers give me and at the point I pick it up the competition for the points is meh.

Edited by Theoriginalaks

I see. So honestly, it'd be better to buff shock than parasitism?

I don't want to say that but yeah. At heart I have a lot of problems with spending 3 talent points on roughly 600 damage but the overload has helped me out in a few clutch times.

Edited by Theoriginalaks