** Can we get server transfers?

bodhisattvasw

Server transfers should be turned on IMO.. Rift turned them on after the first couple months, but SWTOR pops seem to be declining quicker. Some servers are really falling behind in pop.

Also, my server seems to have a rather large collection of really mean players. I'd like to relocate to one that has a more amicable population (after rolling alts to check it out). Right now I am stuck on a server with a few mega-guilds that are loaded down with hideously childish players. I'd like to leave them behind.

Anyone else agree that server transfers need to be turned on?

I don't know about server transfer, but I do feel that they do need to consolidate their servers a bit. It was the perfect amount for launch, now that people have settled into the game and aren't playing for 14 hours a day, they need to think about bringing the active population up on these servers... a server transfer isn't really going to do the trick, but merging servers would definitely help,

My server currently got 25 people on rep fleet. On a sunday, 12.30....

I feel the spit in my face when pickup the weekly pvp mission...

Yea right, kill 150 enemies... that is VERY likely to happen.

Did a warzone yesterday, it ended after 3 minutes since we were 4 people getting rolled over.

The reward was a whooping 5 commendations. Only 795 left!!

Reroll? I have 2x50 chars that I have invested time in!

Hopefully this will be coming in March when the Australian launch/servers happen. They are looking into making this possible so Aussies can transfer to their servers. 5-6 weeks away probably.

Announcement ...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=574005

We can confirm that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be launching in Australia and New Zealand in the spring of 2012.

Right now we are targeting March 1st, but that could change as our number one priority is making sure that customers have a great service to play on.

For those of you who may have already imported the game, we will be investigating solutions to allow you to continue to play on a local server once they come online in March.

EDIT: As pointed out, southern hemisphere seasons are reversed! When we say 'Spring' you can substitute 'Q1/Q2 2012'. Apologies for that.

I've recently found out that some old friends are on another server... I'm having a hard time re-rolling and doing all the quests for the 4th or 5th time... so boring... I can't see playing a lot longer w/out the transfers... I can bring myself to level more toons through the same quests...

I am also in the situation where I started on a random server, only to find out various friends all are on a different one together. I've invested quite a lot into my main and 3 alts with very high tradeskills, so simply re-rolling all of that doesn't appeal to me. I'm finding my interest waning in my current situation. I think it really would be helpful for both players and Bioware to implement transfers ASAP. If people are considering quitting the game, as I am, transferring servers is an option that may resurrect interest and avoid quitting.

I would really want this to happen. Have found no fewer than 3 people and we've only just found out where the other is playing. Desperately all want to be on the server as none of us can face re-rolling after investing in our current characters.

Please make it happen BioWare, you would be making many people very happy (and probably get a nice tidy profit out of it as long as you don't charge a penny more than WOW does.

Same i have a few toons i started in early release that i have not played because most of my friends joined a diff server. i hate to delete them. Rather just move my hard work over to a server i am now playing on. Do agree game looks dead when they have 120+ servers running. Should only be like 40 or so running.