The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Artifice any good? And what is the benefit of having biochem as a healer?

JadeBranch

I just made a jedi alt and am looking at Artifice for her crew skill. But I'll be honest, the only reason I want it is so I can potentially craft rare color crystals that would be otherwise hard to get. Looking through these threads, it seems like you can only craft the mundane crystals. The crew skill doesn't interest me aside from the fact that you can make crystals, to be honest.

If you can't make any rare or interesting crystals through artifice, do the crystals you make at least sell well on the GTN?

I am extremely indecisive about what crew skills to use. So I have problems on my healer main as well. How exactly does biochem benefit me? I don't need the medpacs so much as another non healer class would.

you dont think popping a large instant reusable heal on yourself, or basically having a permanent buff to your main stat useful

biochem > any other crafting crew skill

you are not gonna have a credit problem in this game

Edited by Nubclub

there are rare crystals for magenta and white. There are bop exclusive relics for artifice which can be critted with an augment slot and reverse engineered though they do require a material that drops from hard mode flash point end bosses or various bosses in operations. All crafting crew skills also have other bop exclusive patterns from these same sources. Edited by Ravenelle

I've decided I will pick up biochem.

But is artifice a good crew skill? Is it better than synthweaving?

Biochem and synthweaving share the same production crew skill spot so you can't do that. One production crew skill and two gathering.

I think Artifice will end up being worth more than Synth, as long as you're willing to do the work to get the rare schematics and materials to make them. For example, you can make a magenta color crystal if you grind the Belsavus world boss until you get the recipe and do the frozen water shenanigans needed to get the rare magenta crystal needed for it. I'm pretty sure that White, Cyan, and Purple have been confirmed as being craftable colors, but nobody's posted (as far as I've seen) anything concrete about how to get the schems and mats for it.