What is the best way to farm Social points ?

Angedechu

I really dont mind people spamming flashpoints. It doesn't hurt my game. I just don't understand why they would chose that over the intended way of grouping and playing the STORY with others.

I not only got these points easily but had the most fun in the game by getting them.

I just cant help but feel the people who dont get why they dont have social points, are the ones that space-bar through the game solo to get to 50 as soon as possible. This might be fine in most MMO's but this game is obvoiusly different there. Its story driven. REALLLY story driven.

I stopped thinking of this game as an MMO and more as a co-op single player game. I am happier for it too. It doesn't have to be negative. Embrace it or find another game that suits your playstyle (or lack of playstyle) better.

I think the problem is that you have decided that your way of playing the game is the only fun one.

I have friends I play other games with, I hang out with on steam and all that.

We sometimes meet up and do a few Esseles runs. It is fun. It's one of the best Flashpoints and one of the best "dungeons/instances" I have played in an MMO (my fav flashpoint right now is Candemimu, fav group content in a MMO the Lady Grey Task Force in CoX). As we do not all have the same light/dark preferences it even adds a fun rivalry on who will win the "important" roles this time round. But most importantly we just joke around and... well.. socialize, while playing content we enjoy.

But for some reason, we are neither having fun nor are earning our in-game rewards?

Because that is what you appear to be saying

Edited by Melkathi

The problem with earning social points while lvling is that friends/guild mates/people in general are spread out and can't repeat world quests. So it's much more difficult to get people together and farm social points outside of the flashpoint via normal quests since people are at different points vs simple repeating the same single flashpoint over and over.

If they made it somehow possible for higher lvled players to earn social points by helping low lvls with their world quests, that could help a lot.

Even repeating heroics doesn't give social points sometimes if the party is formed after people already accepted the quest. And even when they do give points it's a pitiful amount for the time investment.

if you play with your friends then you should have no problem whatsoever getting social points right? not sarcasm..

So why are you on me?

mine is to people who think they deserve social points for the reason they thought up in thier head and not the one that is in the game.

Also maybe social points should actually require you to work at them. Otherwise just give everybody the same clothes and same weapons and make everybody the same.

Im not sure why people are so opposed to doing non flashpoint missions in groups. This was obviously the way the points were meant to be earned. It is an optional stat for those who put in the effort.

Whats not to understand really?

The problem with earning social points while lvling is that friends/guild mates/people in general are spread out and can't repeat world quests. So it's much more difficult to get people together and farm social points outside of the flashpoint via normal quests since people are at different points vs simple repeating the same single flashpoint over and over.

If they made it somehow possible for higher lvled players to earn social points by helping low lvls with their world quests, that could help a lot.

Even repeating heroics doesn't give social points sometimes if the party is formed after people already accepted the quest. And even when they do give points it's a pitiful amount for the time investment.

I am actually quoting this for truth.

I agree with you.

What i have done is made seperate characters for only playing with friends. It takes some willpower to not use them without the group but once again, thats the idea. Some things are earned instead of given out like consolation prizes.

I have wanted an option to toggle experience gain for pvp and space battle. That way you can do those things while others are away while not outlevelling them.

Actually, one of the load screens I got today stated that: "You gain social points for winning conversation rolls while in a group" (not the exact quote).

There was no mention of a proper play style ;)

Im not trying to say you are playing the game wrong and im not

I AM saying that im doing what the game wants me to do to earn social points and your not.

that statement doesn't have to be rage inducing. If you know what to do to get them, then go do it, or dont... but dont tell me there is a problem with the system

There is no bug or problem or need for adjustment.

If you dont want to be in conversation in a group YOU DONT HAVE TO

but dont expect social points is all.

Im not trying to say you are playing the game wrong and im not

I AM saying that im doing what the game wants me to do to earn social points and your not.

that statement doesn't have to be rage inducing. If you know what to do to get them, then go do it, or dont... but dont tell me there is a problem with the system

There is no bug or problem or need for adjustment.

If you dont want to be in conversation in a group YOU DONT HAVE TO

but dont expect social points is all.

Rage inducing? You are the one using capitals to make your point ;)

What the game wants you to do to gain the points, is participate in group conversations together with other players - idealy a full team. The game does not care which conversation that is. All it cares about is that you complete group content that includes conversations. It is up to the player to choose which content they enjoy doing. If the players enjoy doing 2 or 3 flashpoints per day and they do the same ones every day because they enjoy those the most, the game is fine with that. The game does not care as long as it is being played.

But we agree, there is no bug or problem or need for adjustment.

Edited by Melkathi

I really dont mind people spamming flashpoints. It doesn't hurt my game. I just don't understand why they would chose that over the intended way of grouping and playing the STORY with others.

Because it's my story? I personally hate having my story cluttered up with other players. It's my baby.

I not only got these points easily but had the most fun in the game by getting them.

I just cant help but feel the people who dont get why they dont have social points, are the ones that space-bar through the game solo to get to 50 as soon as possible. This might be fine in most MMO's but this game is obvoiusly different there. Its story driven. REALLLY story driven.

I stopped thinking of this game as an MMO and more as a co-op single player game. I am happier for it too. It doesn't have to be negative. Embrace it or find another game that suits your playstyle (or lack of playstyle) better.

You obviously not lvl 50 right? Because when i type /played i see 22 days and bla bla bla... So believe when i tell you, this game ends at 50... There is no *********** end game content thats challenging, so what people do is, they *********** farm wherever they want, or they quit!!! Because this game have an end date, and that is sad! Because they dont add END GAME CONTENT!!!

I quetet with my friend from about the start of Nar Shadaa untill Illum, and i ended up with halfway into level 4.

Well, thats all and good, but now there is no other way of really getting points, other than the heroics daylies wich now is gray ofcourse and dont pose a challange.

Even the daylie commendations questlines dont give nothing but scrap points and no convos for taking and delevering quests.

So even if i got as as far as i did on lvl 4, those who are lower are in an even worse situation. So the only way around this is to farm, farm, farm and farm again, and its tidius work. Even the LS points grind was okay cuz you could solo esseles over and over again.

So since the only way to gain social points is to do convos with other people ther is no other choice but to grind where you get the most points each time.

And since for example the epic speeder that requiers lvl 5 social you have no ohter choice again to grind, grind and grind for social points, and as far as i know, esseles is the best thing to do. And again i feel sorry for those who now are lvl 50 and soloed all the way.

Its thats simple really.

• 3 months later...
You obviously not lvl 50 right? Because when i type /played i see 22 days and bla bla bla... So believe when i tell you, this game ends at 50... There is no *********** end game content thats challenging, so what people do is, they *********** farm wherever they want, or they quit!!! Because this game have an end date, and that is sad! Because they dont add END GAME CONTENT!!!

You obviously haven't tackled Prior Update 1.2 Nightmare Soa.

Nuff Said.

^^This.^^

Gotta love a "social point" system that requires you to be social with NPC's in cutscenes, not the people in your group. lol

That's why I consider it a total joke.

The joke is on you, because people do this and need to get a group for it, hence why it's called social points.

You need to find a group for it, you need to ask or talk to the team if they can hurry it up, and start a conversation in the group. It promotes that people group up in order to get it...

So.. the joke is really on you.