The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question on the tank stats in pvp...

ZNICK

I've read all of the posts and studies on absorbtion, shield, and defense not being very helpful in PvP. I have trouble grasping the math behind it all however.

Do these three stats give you NO protection in PvP, or do you get "some", just not as much protection as a % as you'd GAIN by putting the same effort into crit/surge?

I want to main tank for my guild, but I pvp a LOT more and don't want to suck at it. Right now I'm gettng torn up, but it's likely because I just turned 50 and dont have my equipment yet. I'm running the parakeet build.

I have NO problem guarding, cc'ing, and carrying the ball... and have no need to top DPS charts... there's plenty of dps already in wz's.

I ask, because I'm trying to choose armor and am not sure what to go with. I know if I go with the pvp tank armor I CAN run hardmodes and tank... but will it gimp me in warzones?

I guess the simple question is do I get "SOME" defensive help if I still go with tank gear in WZ's?

Z

100 views and none of the pro number crunchers/testers know?

Let me ask it simpler.

Do you get NO help in PvP from raising Absorption, Shield and Defense, or just not much as the improvement in DPS from going with the DPS gear?

Z