Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

no hammer shot on yourself---dev answer?

Jooji

Why can both the other healer classes use all their abilities on themselves while we can't? Kinda hard to build up stacks when running back after deaths, etc.

Sawbones is a 3 second channel and heals for less than hammershot and sages channeled heal is supposed to be better.

The sawbones heal isn't used in pvp. The sage channeled heal can be used on themselves.

Hammershot is rarely used in PvP to heal people. You're better off putting damage on an enemy healer between your heals than to try and hammershot them and using it on yourself isn't going to do a whole lot either, would be nice for topping that 10% hp off but if you're triage healing, then you're fine so long as you aren't taking a lot of damage.

It's not just about PvP, though. In any situation in which you have to keep moving, but you're taking unavoidable damage, being able to HS yourself would be nice. You can obviously TP, Kolto, and Bacta yourself, but you can't build charges unless you're using HS on someone else. I know that the healing you get from HS is miniscule, but a bit of healing is better than no healing, and building some charges is better than not building any charges.

In other words, even if we wouldn't be using it constantly, being able to use it on ourselves would still be better than not having the option in the first place.

In other words, even if we wouldn't be using it constantly, being able to use it on ourselves would still be better than not having the option in the first place.

There were many times on Vokk where I really wished I could use Hammer Shot myself. I try to heal that fight with as little cast heals as possible. Topping myself off with a casted heal when I'm not really low, but don't want to risk in case of double saber gib, makes me super annoyed.

Edited by Soshla

I wish I could free heal myself, not using any ammo. Most of the time it's only a problem when I duo 4-mans with my partner but it still would be nice if I could heal myself as well as I can heal everyone else. There are many very inconvenient things in this game... I'm sure they will work themselves out.

Hammershot is rarely used in PvP to heal people. You're better off putting damage on an enemy healer between your heals than to try and hammershot them and using it on yourself isn't going to do a whole lot either, would be nice for topping that 10% hp off but if you're triage healing, then you're fine so long as you aren't taking a lot of damage.

I dont use it to heal, i use it to build charges

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.