The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bh as pyrotech pvp

foregrim

I have been playing around with a few specs and running it and at times I am wondering is this viable?

I find certain classes counter me completely where as arsenal I stood a chance. Basically all I do is run around setting people on fire with railshot when its up and unload to get

rail shot up. That about it?

Any info is appreciated thanks.

are you using incendiary missile at all?

the heat cost looks really bad at first, but keep in mind that if you open your fight with it, while you still have 4 vents up, you'll be able to knock off most of the heat it generates pretty quick.

I think your biggest problem might be that you're using a standing ability with a spec that wants to keep moving. Even though Unload has a money back guaranteed chance to proc your flame cylinder and put the burn on your target, it also requires you to stand still.

Standing still as a pyrotech isn't really how they do business. Most of the damage comes from dots, and most of the control comes from the snare on the combustion proc, which means two things- 1, that you have to kill them over time, and 2 that you have to be a safe distance from them as you kill them over time. Cindy missile is an instant cast and applies a long dot that's good for a rail shot. I know you do bonus damage on burning targets so its desirable to hold the rail until you get the combustion off, but I'd personally rather fire a weak rail on the move between rapid shots than fire a strong rail standing still from an unload.

That being said, if you're really dedicated to pyrotech, you might have bet the wrong horse. I play powertech and I've been experimenting with pyro, and I have to say, looking at the mercenary pyro tree- you guys got RIPPED OFF. a PT pyro can make his combust go off automatically, has a shield, and can get his railshot to ignore 90% target armor. You traded off a lot of really good utility to pick up that second gun.

I just switched from Arsenal to Pyro last night on my BH. I really love the spec so far. It's also increased my dmg by at least 50k easy without really changing anything in WZ's.

The one thing I really like about the spec is minimal time you have to really stay planted in any one place. It's nice to throw an incendiary, light up rail shot, then either run and gun if you're being chased or lay down unload, rail, power, etc....

Absolutely loving it right now and soooo happy I made the switch last night.

50 Battlemaster PT here.

if your not that geared, i recommend a ST or ST/pyro build. the survivability and utility will be much more beneficial.

IF YOU ARE GEARED, then pyro PT will tear apart everyone in your way. You are fragile (heavy armor doesn't mean crap) but expertise will help. Regardless, all that extra aim/surge/crit from your better gear will decimate everyone at a range.

Kiting jugs/marauders/assassins is a must if equality geared.

Strongly recommend biomed crew skill

Medkits help a lot.

the surge stim for extra surge helps. couple that with your Crit CD skill with 2 talent pts into more crit dmg and you can easily hit 9k+ dmg in 6 secs with Bomb-> incind missile->flameburst + auto tick from canister DOT -> railshot (bomb blows up at this point and 2nd tick from incid missile).

Im just starting out a PT, comming from a 50 OP, Can you post your spec?

OR any advise

standard ST/Pyro build

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGbboroZ0MZbIbbdh.1

i focus more on dps than survivability for pvp while using Ion canister. I roll in full champion gear with surge/crit trinket (which i time with the crit cooldown).

I also role with the eliminator set for the 4 piece bonus of 15% extra crit on railshot.

With adrenals and all CDs pop, my railshot has a 69% of critting for 97% more dmg.

I also have been blessed with repeated amount of champ helmet tokens. I removed the mods and put it in everything else so now all my gear has +surge/power.