Darth Plageuis (Novel and Character Discussion)

BrandonSM

THis thread can be a discusson for the novel and if you have questions about the novel, feel free to ask here. Members would answer hopefully.

Well, I'm about almost halfwya through the book and I find it really good. But I have one question, did I misread or did Plageuis absorb Tenebrous's Midi-Chalorians?(Sp?)

Also what is everyones review on the book?

I give it a 5/5, I would give a full length but I'm lazy and haven't finished it yet.

I'm not sure, but I think that Plageuis just watched the midichlorians leave his body as he was dying.. I don't think he actually adsorbed them.

I give the book 3.5/5. It wasn't the greatest, and was boring in some parts, but it still was pretty good.

I was pretty surprised how far it went into the movies.. it's pretty odd finding out that Plageuis was still alive during the Phantom Menace.

I'm not sure, but I think that Plageuis just watched the midichlorians leave his body as he was dying.. I don't think he actually adsorbed them.

I guess your right.

I like the book allot, you start to realize how literally everybody had played a part in the Grand Plan.

I was pretty surprised how far it went into the movies.. it's pretty odd finding out that Plageuis was still alive during the Phantom Menace.

I haven't read the book yet.

But hold up.

If Plageuis is still alive during the Phantom Menace then Sidious CLEARLY violated the Rule of Two by accepting Maul as his apprentice, and giving him the title of Darth. Having him as a tool like the Emperor's Hands or Ventress is one thing, but none of them were given the title of Darth, which officially makes them a Dark Lord of the Sith...which there are only to be 2 of, not 3.

But hold up.

If Plageuis is still alive during the Phantom Menace then Sidious CLEARLY violated the Rule of Two by accepting Maul as his apprentice, and giving him the title of Darth. Having him as a tool like the Emperor's Hands or Ventress is one thing, but none of them were given the title of Darth, which officially makes them a Dark Lord of the Sith...which there are only to be 2 of, not 3.

Like I said in another post, Sidious didn't follow the rule of two religously and if you read the novel, you know that Maul was a tool.

And Ventress was never accepted as an Apprentice. She begged Dooku.

A couple things I don't like about the book. But I think its still fantastic.

I don't like how Siidious got turned, it seemed to simple.

Sidious became close to Anakin and when Sidious pretended to be one the edge of his death bed, Anakin turned.

But hold up.

Plageuis allows Palpatine to use Maul as an assassin. Since they both can't go anyone as they are both playing as very powerful people, Maul is the person they send to go do things. (very rarely though)

Maul was never really trained to improve his force. He was never taught the history of the force or the Sith. He was never intended to be a Sith Lord, but Maul did not know that. Maul didn't even know Palpatine had a master.

It's likely one of the most well thought out Dark Side stories out there. I listen to it on audiobook from audible so even though it's slow paced and has very little action, It's a good listen. Also the narrator does a great job.

The story itself cover a long period of history leading up to Phantom Menace and I have to say it actually makes the events in it a little more meaningful now that I know what came before. Which is good because Phantom is my least liked movie and is only just watchable to me at this point.

As for the rule of two... Plageuis already said they were done with that. They're the end of the Bane line and that's why he had both Venimous and Maul around. They were at end game and putting all their chips on the table.

And Maul was never meant to be more than a wetworks man with the Sith arts as training. That might change after Plageuis death and upgraded him to apprentice but I think it was just Sidious way of keeping him on a leash until he was no longer useful.

But hold up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by this time, they (both Plagieus and Sidious) were expecting final victory over the Jedi and therefore weren't too concerned with the Rule of 2, which was made to keep the Sith from self destructing and allow them to become powerful enough to defeat the Jedi. Once this happened, all bets were off as to what they could or couldn't do, because they make the rules then.

• 4 months later...

I finished the book. This thread should be called: Creates more questions than it answers, at least from my first listen-through of it from the audio book, but perhaps I missed things!

1. Why was Amidala's last name different until she became queen?

2. All these years it seemed so powerfully hinted that Anakin was conceived by Plageius or perhaps even Palpatine. I thought that would have made the story so much sexier. I didn't even believe that it was done on purpose or directly... I figured Plageius was experimenting with his abilities to "Create Life", and did a Sith ritual to create the most powerful Sith ever with the highest number of medichlorians, but he didn't know where or who the boy would be. I guess now the canon is official that the Force just straight created Anakin, as a way of ensuring the Prophecy was Fulfilled, and it was the work of The Force (light side probably, or perhaps the Will of the Force was to give Anakin free will and allow him to determine which side of the Force would win), not the machinations of the Sith? I am not complaining, I find both ideas interesting.

3. Does Dooku ever find out that Palpatine and Sidious are one and the same? He must right? I used to think so, that he knew that the War was being controlled on both sides and he was just doing his part to lead the separatists, and that's why he's so surprised when Palpatine orders him killed by Anakin.

4. Is there a book or other official source of EU that tells how Sifo-dias was killed, by whom, and how exactly the creation of the Clone Army went down? My guess is that Dooku was forced to kill his former friend as a means of proving loyalty to a Sith before being granted the Darth title.

5. Did Plageuis ever have the ability to create life, or was that just a lie Palpatine made up to help coax Anakin to wanting the powers of the dark side?

6. Is the idea that you can keep someone from dying or bring them back, but you can't do it on yourself, because it's too difficult or the medichlorians won't listen to you or something?

Thanks to anyone that has answers, I may think of more later. Overall it was a very fascinating book to read for lore junkies, and makes Episode I WAYYY more fun to watch.