Off-hand weapon question

worldsapartmm

Right now my level 21 Arsenal Merc has twin orange blasters which say they can be used for main hand and off-hand. I ran a flashpoint with another BH who told me that I should get an off-hand blaster because it would do way more damage. I thanked him for his tip and after we finished the flashpoint I searched the GTM for off-hand blasters...

And found nothing.

And I'm on a very heavily populated server.

I'm sure I need to keep looking or perhaps there are great off-hand blasters at higher levels, but for now, my questions are:

Is there really that much of a difference between blasters which say they can be equipped in both hands vs. off-hand only blasters?

And if so, does anyone know at what levels/locations I can find one? Are there any decent craftables?

Thanks!

There is no difference in main hand/off hand blasters, only where you can equip them. If its a custom blaster (Orange) the damage is changed by getting new barrels (this also changes the items level). Edited by Hungy

There is no difference in main hand/off hand blasters, only where you can equip them. If its a custom blaster (Orange) the damage is changed by getting new barrels (this also changes the itmes level).

Thanks, yeah I know how orange items work. I just wondered if there was any real advantage to equipping a blaster that was specifically for the off-hand slot. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks, yeah I know how orange items work. I just wondered if there was any real advantage to equipping a blaster that was specifically for the off-hand slot. Thanks for your reply.

Nope.

Off-hand blaster is pretty much a stat stick.