Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Biochem vs Synthweaving for Sage

stayonboard

Hey all,

Im curious about your opinions on what crew skill to roll with for a Jedi Sage. I'm likely going to be going Balance tree with heals a little later on (my main is a Sawbones Scoundrel, so for now Im healing on that char) :)

Im only level 10 - so Im wondering whats more worthwhile. I know Biochem is excellent already but is Synthweaving worthwhile? Is the gear later down the road worthy of crafting? Im trying to think forward and not level something to 400 only to find out it's not close to on par with gear I can get from end-game content.

Any advice you have I'd appreciate it. BTW, if you think something like Artifice is better suited then offer it up as well, I just found personally from my own research the two above would be most beneficial.

Thank you guys - that's pretty much my thoughts but I wanted to confirm.

I'll go Biochem/Bioanalysis and Diplomacy... Get the reusable medpacks (wasn't sure if it'd be reduntant with healing but it sounds like it's useful regardless).

I know they seem redundant because you can already heal, but the Rakkata Medpac has saved me many a time when I needed to be mobile and heal myself quickly in an intense situation.

Don't undervalue them just yet. ;)

Hey all,

Im curious about your opinions on what crew skill to roll with for a Jedi Sage. I'm likely going to be going Balance tree with heals a little later on (my main is a Sawbones Scoundrel, so for now Im healing on that char) :)

Im only level 10 - so Im wondering whats more worthwhile. I know Biochem is excellent already but is Synthweaving worthwhile? Is the gear later down the road worthy of crafting? Im trying to think forward and not level something to 400 only to find out it's not close to on par with gear I can get from end-game content.

Any advice you have I'd appreciate it. BTW, if you think something like Artifice is better suited then offer it up as well, I just found personally from my own research the two above would be most beneficial.

the self buff stims alone put biochem > all. everything you make in synthweaving is replaced by level 50 dailies

Synth is great! don't listen to them!

You can easily....

with the...

and....um...then...

sigh. fine. Bio is pretty good atm. they're looking at nerfing it more it's that good. But...

I did put Synth on my sage ( already have a Bio on that server), and I've have used it for filling in the gaps in armor. I grab every commendation reward I can get, and use synth to fill in the gaps that are left over. made gear for 2 of my other toons and their companions too. Great for companions, as most the gear they get ends up being green (unless you splurge commendations on them...only one I've done that for so far is Kira, and it's cause shes cute)

But there's hardly any negatives with Bio at all, even if you don't PvP. But I find it boring at times...for some reason I enjoy synth more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.