The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Maximizing Dps as an OFFTANK...

Emissionforce

Seeing as how their is no dual-spec currently and offtanks are going to be dps'ing in some fights,

how can we go about doing the best dps while in the Shield Tech skill tree?

Do we use High Energy Gas Cylinder and focus on keeping flamethrower on CD with more flame bursting

or use Combustible Gas Cylinder for a 10% chance of blaster attacks doing XXX elemental dmg over 6 seconds?

AND WHAT IF OUR TANKING STANCE IS THE MOST DPS, do we just tell the maintank to threat harder?

What are your thoughts? :)

(I just want to do the best at whatever aspect I'm in while doing operations and make the best of what I have, I am upset their is no dualspec for this specific situation but it's livable.)

So basically the best way to perform well overall as a powertech offtank is to get a balanced hybrid sheild/pyro build switch between IGC/CGC stance's and gather tanking gear and dps gear...

Now to properly figure out a good 21/2/18 spec.. the original Carolina Parakeet build is defenitly more pvp oriented.

OH YES and a new rotation for holding threat while tanking...

UPDATE-

I'm thinking about using this (21/2/18) as my offtank build

loosing 2% dmg reduction(Power Armor) and 10% shield chance(Empowered Armour) but

gaining 2% melee/ranged defense(Infrared Sensors) for mitigation talents and then buffing railshot.

My 2 concerns with the build so far

are whether or not to take "Integrated Cardio Package" over "Bursting Flame" and

how tanking threat will hold out with the lack of "Prototype Burn Enhancers" , "Prototype cylenders" , (1/3) "Intimidation" , "Super Charged Ion Gas" and (1/2) "Flame Shield". (Wow, that's a lot.)

Edited by Emissionforce

With all this trouble to perform effectively at 2 different roles I may just get a pure dps spec and deal with the waiting time to switch spec during operations and the cost... or stay full tank spec and blame the healers for not doing enough dmg if not enough dmg is being put out... grrrrawrrrrr