Check how much you were billed i was overbilled

Aalodar

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't they be? They're goods and services - it's probably subject to tax pretty much everywhere.

Nope. I've never paid a tax on an MMO sub, and that includes other California-based MMO's like WoW and Rift.

Obviously it depends on the tax laws in the individual state. In California, goods are subject to sales tax. Services (like labor when your car is repaired or the plumber fixes your toilet) are not taxed. So if you are in the auto shop and they sell you belts and install them for you, the belts will have sales tax on them while the labor to install them will not.

MMO's are generally treated as a "service." The box you buy is a "good" so you pay sales tax on that, while the subscription is a "service" so you don't. In California, I mean.

Edited by Mannic

Nope. I've never paid a tax on an MMO sub, and that includes other California-based MMO's like WoW and Rift.

Obviously it depends on the tax laws in the individual state. In California, goods are subject to sales tax. Services (like labor when your car is repaired or the plumber fixes your toilet) are not taxed. (Neither is unprepared food, incidentally.) So if you are in the auto shop and they sell you belts and install them for you, the belts will have sales tax on them while the labor to install them will not.

MMO's are generally treated as a "service." The box you buy is a "good" so you pay sales tax on that, while the subscription is a "service" so you don't. In California, I mean.

Well, I can think of two explanations.

1. Other companies are eating the tax to keep their billing system simple and their rates competitive.

2. There are new rules for 2012.

Anyway, I was billed for 90 days and only got 88 of them. Anyone else have this problem? :(

^This.

Or, you live in another country. I get charged an Int'l transaction fee when I buy some stuff from out of country, incl MMO subs.

I have never paid more than what the site said a sub was, but for some reason i paid 19bucks for my TOR sub.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.