I really want to make credits... Should I drop Artifice?

vertigofm

Hi Guys,

Primarily I want to make lots and lots of credits. I chose Art., Arch., and Treasure H.

People are suggesting that all I am going to do is sink a lot of credits and not have much to show for it.

People are suggesting two paths:

Slicing

Biochem

I really want to make loads of money and am willing to have some fun with the market to do so... But what should I choose? My aritifice is only 80 so it wouldn't be a huge deal to drop it.

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

slicing and biochem are going to get nerfed(again, in the case of slicing) because they're still VASTLY over-powered.

Or maybe the others will get buffed (yea right), but this early into a game, switching for whichever is best is a bad idea.

well if you're like me...a crafter who thinks crafting is like crack...then dump a good bit of cash into crafting. My last run to get resolve hilt 13 and power enhancement 13 to purp quality cost around 10k and roughly 2 hours. Damn hilt didn't crit and blue took around 15 min to make. So I had excess purple lvl 3 qual gems left over so I made roughly 5 of each.

Throw those bad boys on the GTN at 2.2-3k each and I made my cash back and then some withing a day. Slicing was really profitable but I heard they nerfed it a bit, biochem is an awesome craft because you don't have to sink money into medpacks and the purp quality is reusable!!!

So long story short, if you want quick creds then yes slicing is probably your money maker. But if you want to devote 2-4 days on art then you could be making more money...and from how mine are selling on Hanharr server, I'm glad I'm taking the time to craft them!

well if you're like me...a crafter who thinks crafting is like crack...then dump a good bit of cash into crafting. My last run to get resolve hilt 13 and power enhancement 13 to purp quality cost around 10k and roughly 2 hours. Damn hilt didn't crit and blue took around 15 min to make. So I had excess purple lvl 3 qual gems left over so I made roughly 5 of each.

Throw those bad boys on the GTN at 2.2-3k each and I made my cash back and then some withing a day. Slicing was really profitable but I heard they nerfed it a bit, biochem is an awesome craft because you don't have to sink money into medpacks and the purp quality is reusable!!!

So long story short, if you want quick creds then yes slicing is probably your money maker. But if you want to devote 2-4 days on art then you could be making more money...and from how mine are selling on Hanharr server, I'm glad I'm taking the time to craft them!

Just a hint. There doesn't seem to be alot of Might Components for Sentinels. Most of the stuff seems to be for Guardians. I'm seeing more now that I'm up at level 40 but I still think you should have no trouble selling blue or purple hilts at various levels on the GTN.

Edited by JerokTalram

It is the one that makes color crystals. But right now I hear that all crafting is mostly a credit sink since PVP Flashpoint and Operation gear is so much better.

Yeah, pvp weps are cool colors and you cant remove them crystals so adding new colors to artifice wont do much bc no one will want to gimp dps. My first toon is max artifice and it seems like a total waste to me. I also have a maxed biochem and it is 100x more useful.

IMO they did a poor job with crafting, almost like it was an after thought. With a few exceptions, they don't work well at level 50. Whats the point if they are so worthless for most of the game?

Yeah, pvp weps are cool colors and you cant remove them crystals so adding new colors to artifice wont do much bc no one will want to gimp dps. My first toon is max artifice and it seems like a total waste to me. I also have a maxed biochem and it is 100x more useful.

IMO they did a poor job with crafting, almost like it was an after thought. With a few exceptions, they don't work well at level 50. Whats the point if they are so worthless for most of the game?

So you also think Biochem is the way to go for usefulness and credits?