No Bias, No Hyperbole, No Fanboyism: I really enjoy this game, it's here to stay...

vertigofm

It's not perfect. It hasn't had the smoothest launch. There are problems.

First, a back story.

I try most MMORPGs because I really enjoy them. WoW. Rift. DC Universe. CoH. LotR online, DDO, Etc. Most of them have intrigued me for about two weeks, but nothing to really hold my interest... They felt sub-par. I ALWAYS went back to WoW.

Since Cataclysm I became more and more disillusioned with WoW. It had nothing to do with "WOW IS HARD" or "OMGZ WELFARE 3PICS". It just wasn't as fun. It was a robotic experience. It was the same- go from quest to quest. Walls of text. I was no longer inspired to continue playing.

When I heard about ToR, I wanted it to fail. Why? I was worried my beloved WoW would hurt... I had invested so much time in WoW I wanted it to do well. I loved to look for flaws in ToR development and tell my friends, "Oh man this is gonna suck!"

The game came out, and after a few days I was in the Christmas spirit- shopping- I saw a lot of people picking it up, and I said "What the hell..."

For the past month I have been hooked. I found my self saying, "WOW! This is actually fun. For the first time- EVER- I am listening to quests, involved in the story, taking my time and having FUN". I can't wait to try all the classes... It's so exciting.

When I see people on the forums it reminds me of every MMO forum- extreme hate vs. extreme love. But I have to give my perspective. Guys, this is a really good game. It's not perfect, the patch was a disaster, but what we have is some very solid gameplay, some cool new features, and a great "universe".

Will it hit 7 million? Probably not... But it's here to stay, it's fun, and it will get better.

I know some people are having annoying problems- but let's not attack the entire game as the result of some issues. I know some people think it's the best ever, but let's not discount the issues.

Am I alone here? Am I the only one who can say "This is a great and fun game"? Am I the only one that isn't taking the "ToR is dying" or "ToR is killing WoW" approach?

I strongly urge all of you to think objectively and take some time to consider other MMOs by comparison.

Just my 2 Cents!

I don't see me going anywhere either.

But you're right, it isn't perfect. The decision on individually punishing those who took advantage of the valor incident was not the right one. Perception is everything and a rollback would prove the issue was addressed with no doubts.

And since they won't comment on action taken on individual accounts, players are left to wonder exactly what the cut-off was for punishment and thus how much of an advantage Imps walked away with. Not if, but how much. BW already stated they would only address extreme abuse.

Besides that, I've ran into sand people that are bugged so I had to kill myself to continue playing.

Everything else is great and since I'm lvl 31, that's not a huge amount to complain about for a new MMO. The game runs good for me. Story rocks. I'm liking the skill and character options and space is ok. If they'd add SWG style space, housing, resources and crafting, I'd buy a lifetime subscription. But as it is, I will be playing for a good while at least.

I couldn't care less about WoW, and I hope this game kills it deader than Rasputin, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give it a pass when there are fixable problems being ignored or things that I think should improve.

100% agreed.

I was just reading some posts earlier today and people are saying, "Subscriptions have dropped... This game will go F2P in 6 months"

I had to stop and think, are people crazy?

Have they played some of the other MMOs out there?

It's not perfect. It hasn't had the smoothest launch. There are problems.

First, a back story.

I try most MMORPGs because I really enjoy them. WoW. Rift. DC Universe. CoH. LotR online, DDO, Etc. Most of them have intrigued me for about two weeks, but nothing to really hold my interest... They felt sub-par. I ALWAYS went back to WoW.

Since Cataclysm I became more and more disillusioned with WoW. It had nothing to do with "WOW IS HARD" or "OMGZ WELFARE 3PICS". It just wasn't as fun. It was a robotic experience. It was the same- go from quest to quest. Walls of text. I was no longer inspired to continue playing.

When I heard about ToR, I wanted it to fail. Why? I was worried my beloved WoW would hurt... I had invested so much time in WoW I wanted it to do well. I loved to look for flaws in ToR development and tell my friends, "Oh man this is gonna suck!"

The game came out, and after a few days I was in the Christmas spirit- shopping- I saw a lot of people picking it up, and I said "What the hell..."

For the past month I have been hooked. I found my self saying, "WOW! This is actually fun. For the first time- EVER- I am listening to quests, involved in the story, taking my time and having FUN". I can't wait to try all the classes... It's so exciting.

When I see people on the forums it reminds me of every MMO forum- extreme hate vs. extreme love. But I have to give my perspective. Guys, this is a really good game. It's not perfect, the patch was a disaster, but what we have is some very solid gameplay, some cool new features, and a great "universe".

Will it hit 7 million? Probably not... But it's here to stay, it's fun, and it will get better.

I know some people are having annoying problems- but let's not attack the entire game as the result of some issues. I know some people think it's the best ever, but let's not discount the issues.

Am I alone here? Am I the only one who can say "This is a great and fun game"? Am I the only one that isn't taking the "ToR is dying" or "ToR is killing WoW" approach?

I strongly urge all of you to think objectively and take some time to consider other MMOs by comparison.

Just my 2 Cents!

Every game has issues, even the almighty WoW after 8 years on the market STILL has issues that Blizzard themselves have created through constant expansions and changes, this game has lots of bugs, but they will all be fixed, anyone that thinks the game will die is simply delusional, and maybe a bit r e t a r d e d too.

Yeah go to the WoW forums and people are whining there just like every other mmo.

I completely understand how you feel. I have played WoW since 2004 and after Cata I was just bored. The new feel had long worn itself out and SWTOR was the only game I was willing to drop my hard nerd work for. I love this game so far even with the random bugs.

Edited by katzandra

The secret behind WOW's success is that people are so invested socially inside the game. Liking Rift's BGs better and liking SW:Tor's Character Story and Companions better wouldn't stop me from logging into WOW and raiding if I could. I miss the old gang what can I say. I raided with a few of them for at least 5 years. Not being able to raid has opened up a chance for me to see what else is out there.

I dunno why people feel the need to Tear Down or Explain their reason for leaving WOW when they play newer MMOs. I love(d) WOW and I'm not gonna apologize for it. I'm here in the SW universe now and having an OK time.

The secret behind WOW's success is that people are so invested socially inside the game. Liking Rift's BGs better and liking SW:Tor's Character Story and Companions better wouldn't stop me from logging into WOW and raiding if I could. I miss the old gang what can I say. I raided with a few of them for at least 5 years. Not being able to raid has opened up a chance for me to see what else is out there.

I dunno why people feel the need to Tear Down or Explain their reason for leaving WOW when they play newer MMOs. I love(d) WOW and I'm not gonna apologize for it. I'm here in the SW universe now and having an OK time.

That's with all MMOs. I mean, the fact that SW Galaxies still had a devoted playerbase up until recently demonstrates that for many MMOs are more about the friends they make during playing than the game itself.

I have friends that do absolutely nothing in WoW except screw around in the cities with friends and maybe do the occasional heroic...

Pretty much.

I wonder how well they could argue without the following words.

Fanboy

Hater

WoW

Pandaz

Forgot to add Biodrone to the list as well.

They act like they're actually winning the debate.

I guess diplomacy is not one of the logical choices, on the internet.

I know I used Internet and logic on the same sentence.

:rolleyes:

That's with all MMOs. I mean, the fact that SW Galaxies still had a devoted playerbase up until recently demonstrates that for many MMOs are more about the friends they make during playing than the game itself.

I have friends that do absolutely nothing in WoW except screw around in the cities with friends and maybe do the occasional heroic...

I would have to think that because of it's popularity WOW's socially invested playerbase is on a much larger scale.

Mostly though I was curious about the second thing. Why do people need to make those"I'm one of you now posts".

Why do they confuse :"i've played WOW for too long" with "WOW is bad now".

Basically people get bashed so much that play WOW it seems they are ashamed or scared when they come to other games(I saw it in Rift too).

I'm not though. I could care less *shrugs*

Forgot to add Biodrone to the list as well.

They act like they're actually winning the debate.

I guess diplomacy is not one of the logical choices, on the internet.

I know I used Internet and logic on the same sentence.

:rolleyes:

Don't worry. As long as there is at least a small light of intelligence and reason in the dark recesses of the internet. There is hope..