The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jugg or PT?

Drysdale

I'm looking at making a PvP tank toon and I'm wondering which is better.

Basically I'm wondering the following for PvP...

1. Which takes more damage better?

2. Which has more damage output?

3. Which has more taunts/debuffs?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I'm looking at making a PvP tank toon and I'm wondering which is better.

Basically I'm wondering the following for PvP...

1. Which takes more damage better?

2. Which has more damage output?

3. Which has more taunts/debuffs?

Thanks in advance for the help!

1.) PT. Passive (armor) mitigation is higher, guardians balane ito ut with higher defense (avoidance), which gets nullified by accuracy and the fact that most force/tech attacks ignore defense.

2.) in dps spec? Guardian/jugg, the Rage/focus spec puts out 4k force sweep/quakes like it's nothing, in tank spec? PT, our tank tree has several crit/damage increasing talents, and you can easily go the Carolina Parakeet (23/0/18 I think?), and lose nothing of value for pvp tanking (top two layers of the tanking tree are 10% higher shield chance (which is nice, but shields do jack against tech/force attacks, which are the most common types of "Big hits") and heat blast which doesn't increase survivability.

.. and gain the bottom half of the better dps tree, neeting you super powerful rail shots that vent heat, and a DoT in the form of thermal missle.

3.) Same amount of taunts, PT's get a charge and a pull, Jugg's get a charge and an ally charge (intercept), talented jugs have a -5% acc debuff from quake, we get a 16% acc debuff for 20 seocnds with a 1 min cooldown

so that bit is balaned really.

Jugs have better defensive CDs, so they are better for things like the third boss in Karaga's Palace that suddenly do a large amount of burst damage.

Then again - Oil Slick + Sniper Accuracy Reduction eliminate the damage of that phase all together essentially.

They are both great tanks - it's the Assassin that seems to be a bit undertuned right now.