Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Vests with Hoods

Petyofi

Hello everyone!

I was wondering whether any of you have found any chest armor pieces which have a hood but are not robes.

I've seen several NPCs with such vests but no lootable items so far. I'm looking for a fully-moddable medium armor for my gunslinger.

Any info is appreciated!

Edited by Petyofi

I just turned level 50 today and I did every quest in all the PvE zones(minus Flashpoints) and never saw one.

To add insult to injury my friend that plays a Jedi Conasur got one of those Cowboy hats as a end quest reward,Gunslingers must so level 50 instance/token trade ins to get one of those or so I have read.That is what Im going to do to get mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry. Reviving this, just figured I'd try and clear somehting out.

It is true that all social armour is Light Armour. The reason is that all classes got Light Armour proficiency - all classes can wear armour.

That said, I believe that they are as good as any other kind of armour, even medium and heavy. The trick here is that these are moddable armours, and your armour mod decide the armour rating. Do keep in mind though, that I have so far only played Light armour characters, so have yet to test the above for real. I am pretty certain it's true.

That said, I believe that they are as good as any other kind of armour, even medium and heavy. The trick here is that these are moddable armours, and your armour mod decide the armour rating. Do keep in mind though, that I have so far only played Light armour characters, so have yet to test the above for real. I am pretty certain it's true.

If you look at the orange armour without mods in, you'll see the base stat for the armour value. This is lower for light than medium or heavy armor. So light armour with the same armoring mods put in will provide less defense than a medium or heavy counterpart. Still, a lot of players on the forum have pointed out that the difference is negligable in any than the most extreme situations.

The armour mod value is affected by armour type multiplier so light armour pieces will always have less armour rating than medium armour, for the same armour mod level.

That said, depending on your playstyle I used a light armour social chest for pretty much the whole journey 10>50. You only need the defence if you're getting hit, if you don't get aggro off your tank you don't need armour. Sure you may die a couple more times than you would in medium armour but that's nothing in the course of levelling while looking good. And hey, when you do you make a stylish corpse :cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.