Jedi Knight PvP failure needs fixing 30 days ago

SwigMcJigger

I have a 25 Sentinel that I tried to love. I really like PvP but was just frustrated at pressing buttons and having nothing happen. Last night I noticed just how bad I get tore up by our Sith counterparts. I wondered, do they suffer from the same problems?

So today I rolled a Sith Marauder. As soon I hit lvl 10 I picked my AC and joined a game.

Completely blown away by how smooth this class plays! What an amazing difference this is. No wonder so many people say they have no problems with ability delays or mechanics not working.

On my Sentinel I try and run at someone while using the "instant" ability Zealous Strike which slams the opponent and grants a staggering 6 focus. The results are that this ability will not fire unless I stand still and allow the animation to play out for 2-3 seconds.

On my Marauder it's truly instant and wham bam I smash my opponent and get my 6 focus. I don't need to stop moving, I don't need to wait for animation it is just how you would expect, instant.

At lvl 10 I did so much more damage than I normally do on my Jedi simply because I have a focus builder that works. No focus = no dps.

Also, when I mash on my Smash(aoe attack) key my character doesn't just stutter, repeatedly trying to fire off the ability, he just does it.

Go roll a Marauder, it takes ~2 hours to get to 10. You will freak when you see how much different the pvp experience is.

Ability lag has two main causes. 1 - CPU usage on client machine is far to taxed to properly communicate with the Server. 2 - High server volume

Sentinels instant melee abilities currently are bugged (such as zealous strike). This occurs rarely and appears to have no apparent cause. It however can be cleared by using force leap.

In a PvP environment at low levels a Sentinel doesnt have the utility to be useful until their mid-20's. This cause is from the PvE environment from quests.

Ability lag has two main causes. 1 - CPU usage on client machine is far to taxed to properly communicate with the Server. 2 - High server volume

Sentinels instant melee abilities currently are bugged (such as zealous strike). This occurs rarely and appears to have no apparent cause. It however can be cleared by using force leap.

In a PvP environment at low levels a Sentinel doesnt have the utility to be useful until their mid-20's. This cause is from the PvE environment from quests.

Ya but they work just fine and dandy on Empire side. Entire point of my thread.

Ya but they work just fine and dandy on Empire side. Entire point of my thread.

It's all about server lag. I've gone hours without seeing ability delays on my sentinel. I've also had times where I couldn't go 5 minutes without dying to NOT ONE of my instants being triggered when I wanted it to.

It's all about server lag. I've gone hours without seeing ability delays on my sentinel. I've also had times where I couldn't go 5 minutes without dying to NOT ONE of my instants being triggered when I wanted it to.

When every other ability works just fine but Zealous Strike doesn't and it requires that you stop moving and allow the animation to play, that means is not lag. It's like kick with smuggler, it requires you to stop to be able to use it. When Empire equivalents have no such problems.

These are just broken abilities and zealous strike is most glaring because it is a meat and potatoes focus builder.

I have been switching between Imp/Rep chars and the difference is phenomenal. Not once have I had a problem using Battering Assault but I immediately switch to Sentinel and Zealous Strike doesn't work unless you stop moving and allow the animation to go.

It's not a lag issue.

It's not a PC issue.

Agggrh, stop with the stupid posts. It's a problem with the game engine, only BioWare can fix it.

And yeah, it's possible that marauders are not affected as much as sentinels, because they have different animations.

They are rolling out a new patch soon, which is supposed to fix these issues.

Edited by Rakimou

It's not a lag issue.

It's not a PC issue.

Agggrh, stop with the stupid posts. It's a problem with the game engine, only BioWare can fix it.

And yeah, it's possible that marauders are not affected as much as sentinels, because they have different animations.

They are rolling out a new patch soon, which is supposed to fix these issues.

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that their versions aren't as affected as ours. After all, their version of Awe throws you on the ground and causes the standing up animation to semi-root you after being damaged.

My abilities as a Sentinel worked fine for like the first couple of weeks and in Beta, but now not so much.

This needs to be fixed before they can actually look at our damage output.

I have a feeling that if they fixed this and make the talents that we pick in multiple tiers actually work. We will probably see a large DPS increase.

If I am seeing 200K-300K in a WZ, I will if these are fixed see about 300-400K.