Now that ability delay is getting fixed, please address companion delay

Cyclonus

I'm glad that ability delay is being fixed and that the devs took the issue very seriously and acted swiftly.

Now that ability delay is apparently getting fixed, I would recommend that the devs also fix the delay involved every time you command a companion to do something.

The ability delay issue came up because players noticed how abilities worked in SWTOR compared to WoW. As such, I'd like to also compare companion lag in SWTOR compared to WoW.

In WoW, when one commands a Hunter or Warlock pet to do something, that pet takes action instantly. But in SWTOR, when I tell one of my companions to attack a target, it takes something like 2-3 seconds before they are leaving my side to attack, or to switch from their current target to the newly designated target.

This is frustrating to me and really slows down the pace of the game both when killing a single mob, as well as fighting groups when you need your companion to switch targets immediately.

I can't think of a reason of why the lag would be there on purpose, so I'm assuming it's unintended.

Please fix this issue.

Edited by Cyclonus

I don't notice it as much when I'm soloing for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm not as concerned about performing perfectly when I'm alone. But when I'm grouped I tend to notice just how much time Qyzen spends standing around - it's a bit embarrassing, heh.