Combat Medic/Gunnery Spec Question

thebigpalooka

I'm a level 47 Combat Medic -and in the interest of full disclosure, this is the first MMO I've ever really played seriously, so yeah, no real idea what I'm doing. Couple of points in Gunnery from things I skipped (cell capacitor and some passive stuff), but I've got my skill tree leveled up to Bacta Infusion.

I've been skipping along pretty happily in PvE, but I do find PvP a lot more challenging. I like being a healer, and I'm fine with trying to keep out of close combat and not attempting to take on 1v1 fights, but I'd like a little more combat utility, even if it's just support for other players or having a better chance to escape or at least last long enough for help to arrive when I'm targeted. I'm thinking of respeccing a few more points into Gunnery.

TL;DR: would it be worth giving up Bacta Infusion and a couple points of Potent Medicine to get Grav Round and Concussive Force, or would I be better served to stay as I am?

Edited by thebigpalooka

If you want to farm Commendations, I'd recommend picking up Grav Round. The medals you get for damage/healing are a safer bet than the extra medals from winning. I can get ~75 commendations in a losing game if I medal farm, as opposed to about almost 100 on medal farm win, or <50 on a loss where I don't medal farm. You also aren't hedging your Comm generation on random PuGs.

Perhaps something like this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRRozcZMIkbRrzoz.1

With this spec, these medals should be reasonably attained:

2.5k Single hit heal.

75k Healing.

2.5k Single hit damage.

75k Damage.

10 Kills.

25 Kills

1 Killing Blow.

That's 35 Comms per Warzone. It makes a noticeable difference in farming Comms.

I usually try to get the damage medals first, because it makes it much easier to get the kills medals. After you've maxed on damage/Kill medals, switch over to Combat Support Cell to pump out heals.

Edited by Soshla