Swtor already dying?

Diaboligue

Is this swtorarena webside information reliable?

http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/servers/list/

( swtor has already lost 200 000 players?. it is like 1/3 of the max amount of players swtor have had)

Read the FAQ.

Can I make guesses on overall subscription count based on these graphs?

No you shouldn't be relying on them to make so guesses. These graph purely relies on instantaneous server population values provided by Bioware, nothing more.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See, the populations are dropping per say (as already stated, people are playing less) the problem is.. someone decided to cap the servers at stupidly low numbers. So now we have all these servers that used to read as "FULL" now reading "standard" ..

considering this game takes every avenue to keep people seperate from each other.. it's no surprise that numbers are shrinking.

While I would like to see this game succeed as an MMORPG.. I just dont see it happening. Ive already changed servers 3 times when the populations plummeted during prime time.. I wont be changing again. If the population here drops again, Im cancelling.

Read the FAQ.

Can I make guesses on overall subscription count based on these graphs?

No you shouldn't be relying on them to make so guesses. These graph purely relies on instantaneous server population values provided by Bioware, nothing more.

Who said anything about subs?Don't you need to be past the first 30 free days to be subbed?

What people are talking about is less population in game and it's very clear by the graph's on that site that they've declined about 30% since 1/01.Now you can say that less people are logging in compared to then,but why didn't it grow is what i'm asking?

If the game was healthy and growing the new people would out weigh those that log in less now,but it's plummeting,hmmmn.

We know the trolls will never be gone.

They have no life, living in their mommy & daddy's basement, and must have attention of any kind.

They play SW:TOR for an hour, get mad that no one will group with their sorry butts, then come here to gripe about how its the game's fault that they have less social skills than amoeba, or that the limits of their intellect cannot grasp the divine concepts of the game "Preferences".

Haha, this is so true. :D

On monday, even as Imperial it's impossible to find a group for any flashpoint but regular Black Talon, and HM's.

There really needs to be some kind of dungeon tool. I sat in the imperial fleet for hours looking for groups and didn't find a damn thing. I can't imagine the pain and suffering that is on republic side.

I just don't think it's worth paying $15 dollars for. Thats the main reason I left. Game just doesn't feel worth paying AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. I already paid for the game, if you want me to keep paying convince me to.

As a Republic player, I get groups for flashpoints at all hours of the day, within minutes, no matter which flashpoint it is. I have ran them all, several more than once, up to my level of 49. I've also done almost every heroic group quest.

It sounds to me like your realm is the problem.

See, the populations are dropping per say (as already stated, people are playing less) the problem is.. someone decided to cap the servers at stupidly low numbers. So now we have all these servers that used to read as "FULL" now reading "standard" ..

considering this game takes every avenue to keep people seperate from each other.. it's no surprise that numbers are shrinking.

While I would like to see this game succeed as an MMORPG.. I just dont see it happening. Ive already changed servers 3 times when the populations plummeted during prime time.. I wont be changing again. If the population here drops again, Im cancelling.

I had that problem in WoW for years. I transferred from one realm that started dying rapidly to another that was stable for about a year then started dying rapidly then I changed to ANOTHER realm that is thankfully still running high as one of the most highly populated realms (Blackrock) but it's somewhat dropped in quality of player, so who knows?

That issue will never go away unless you choose to play on the most highly populated realms and then you have to suffer through things like queues and whatnot.

I played 12 hours a day over break and got to level cap less than two weeks after release.

I am currently down to 1 or 2 hours a day while I wait for my friends to get to level cap.

If you read that in a graph like that it might seem like a quit.

First:

(ACTIVE PLAYERS)

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2776/bptnhybb_png.htm

A: 560.000

B: 460.000

C: 340.000

Second:

(SUBSCRIBERS)

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2776/8q8jr2jh_png.htm

Trend:

(RELEASE)

World of Warcraft -> UP

AION -> UP

Lineage I/II -> UP

SWTOR -> DOWN

swtor (30days free) trend : down > Game (13$/month) trend : up ?

bye

I think we are seeing the problem with releasing an MMO during a major holiday where lots of people don't have school and possibly work. There was an unusual amount of people wanting to play that had time to play a lot and not during what would normally be their time to play. This filled up the servers fast, with long play times. This made it look like that more servers were needed, when in reality they probably needs less servers to accommodate everyone during their normal play times. There were probably 600,000 NA, 400,000 EU playing during the respective prime time hours for 2 weeks, when after everyone starts to play during their normal times, it would only be 120,000 NA, 80,000 EU playing in the prime time (~4 hour window), and the other 480,000 NA, 320,000 EU would be scattered during the other 20 hours of the day.

MMOs should really launch during the school season, not near a holiday. It probably would make it so that less servers are required to accommodate those able to play in prime time hours, but they would still get as many sales/subscriptions, but a lot less people would have the time to play for many hours a day for a few weeks straight.

You mean people play a game less when they're working vs on holiday?

People play a game less when they're in class vs on holiday?

People play a game less when it's a month or two old vs right after it comes out?

More news at 11.

agree

First:

(ACTIVE PLAYERS)

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2776/bptnhybb_png.htm

A: 560.000

B: 460.000

C: 340.000

Second:

(SUBSCRIBERS)

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2776/8q8jr2jh_png.htm

Trend:

(RELEASE)

World of Warcraft -> UP

AION -> UP

Lineage I/II -> UP

SWTOR -> DOWN

swtor (30days free) trend : down > Game (13$/month) trend : up ?

bye

Should I make up some graphs as well? Those graphs are meaningless without any date to make them up. It looks like you just decided to create a graph, I could do that to.

that says nothing about how many subscribers there are.

An honest question to someone who knows so much is, "How can a game sell 2 million copies and only have 17% of them actually play the game?"

Edited by Prilosec

On monday, even as Imperial it's impossible to find a group for any flashpoint but regular Black Talon, and HM's.

There really needs to be some kind of dungeon tool. I sat in the imperial fleet for hours looking for groups and didn't find a damn thing. I can't imagine the pain and suffering that is on republic side.

I just don't think it's worth paying $15 dollars for. Thats the main reason I left. Game just doesn't feel worth paying AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. I already paid for the game, if you want me to keep paying convince me to.

That's because your server apparently sucks hard, most servers don't have that problem.

I played like crazy the first month. Got up in the middle of the night , played some more.

Now ... couple of hours is plenty. NO need to totally freak out.

So yeah , my hours in game did drop off.

But I aint un-subbing.

Going back to wow or EQII would be just too painful.

Is this swtorarena webside information reliable?

http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/servers/list/

( swtor has already lost 200 000 players?. it is like 1/3 of the max amount of players swtor have had)

I'm not sure where that 200 000 figure is from, but it's sure not from swtorarena's population stats. Nowhere on that page does it give any indication of an actual number of players - not the number subscribed, not the number logged on at once, nothing. It is based entirely on the Light/Normal/Heavy/Full population levels that BioWare shows us. We have no idea what those labels mean in terms of actual population count, and any given 'population dip' on swtorarena could just as easily be expanded max population per server. If the server doubles in capacity, and the player count doesn't change at all, then the graphs on that site will drop by half. Its only purpose is to let you know how close to full each server has been over time; it gives absolutely zero information about how healthy the game's subscriber count or concurrent login stats are.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.