Force Leap and Huttball.

Xinika

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conclusion :

Maras are far from OP in anyway possible.

Quit the qqing cus ur allowing them to score by standing close to the edge near your goal.

We are melee dps. We have to force charge to be able to stick to our targets.

As an Immortal Juggernaut I can attest that Maras can **** me, even with my cooldowns.

Illicit, why you hurt me so good? ;)

Yep, they still get enough defensive coolsdowns (ones they can use more often and that 5 sec one they can use in emergencies to reduce all damage taken by 99% which lets them pot up/heal up to carry the fight on again.

Infact, I'd take their 20% Reduction every 1 minute for 30 seconds (let's face it, it always last it's full duration in PVP/PVE)

over my; 40% for 10 seconds every 3 minutes.

The difference from medium/heavy armour is but a spit in the ocean when you don't count soresu form.

Lets take away the only use a warrior has in Huttball, I mean, they are really just there to be fodder for the real classes that get knockbacks and CCs.

Although they are far from being fodder and do have knock-backs, the solution wouldn't be to remove Force Leap, it would be to remove Force Leap or Charge while carrying the ball and also prevent players from pulling the carrier up to them.

Pass the ball as was intended.

Situation:

1. Someone dies.

2. They spawn at the starting point above the goal line.

3. They step out to get back into the game

4. Enemy ball handler Force-Charges to the player stunning them.

5. Score.

Lather-Rinse-Repeat in various ways also using Force Pull.

They should make pulls/gap closers/sprint drop the ball when used (and the person dropping it shouldn't be able to catch it back for the next 1-2 secondes). There you go, problem solved.

You try to grip the ball carrier? it drops where he is. Try to force leap someone? It drops where you are.

No more leaping on the enemy who just respawned running towards you, because you know, they have to stop you...

One way to prevent stealth characters from camping the goal would be to have a stealth breaker mechanic (like the bosses have) if an enemy enters your goal zone (basically the whole area before the ramp).

EDIT: The point of the game is to PASS the ball which I don't see often...

Edited by Zhorax

jugg here. with a premade you can score in like 10-15 second. that's just bs. and not even fun.

Honestly speaking? i think the carrier should not able to charge/leap or be pull/push. or be able to sprint for that matter. Should be more like a ctf.

Plus a 15-20 sec rule (like the offensive 3 sec rule in nba) so you cant stay in the enemy end zone for too long

only then huttball will be really competitive and fun

Edited by Boroming

why do all that force leaping around...When you can have a stealthy wait in stealth at the goal line have a sorc pick up the ball speed over the acid drop into the pit and toss to him and score...besides who are these downys who are standing all over the map and letting you leap to them for goals... Edited by warkat

Although they are far from being fodder and do have knock-backs, the solution wouldn't be to remove Force Leap, it would be to remove Force Leap or Charge while carrying the ball and also prevent players from pulling the carrier up to them.

Pass the ball as was intended.

Situation:

1. Someone dies.

2. They spawn at the starting point above the goal line.

3. They step out to get back into the game

4. Enemy ball handler Force-Charges to the player stunning them.

5. Score.

Lather-Rinse-Repeat in various ways also using Force Pull.

Well, except that if you force charge them before they drop down you instantly die. If you drop down on the goal line when a warrior is carrying the ball and in range... Well, maybe you just shouldn't?