Chiss Alliance with Empire?

Mazikeen

Does anyone know specifically why the Chiss Ascendancy allied with the Empire? Everything I can dig up points to the fact that if they didn't ally they would have ended up going to war (or being outright dominated). Nothing I have read says anything for sure though

I'm admittedly not a Star-Wars lore expert, though, so thought I'd bring it to people who pretty much are

Any details would be appreciated, thanks

Thanks. So, basically, no one knows. Works for me!

Now to plot...

It has the whole story, empire fought them, it was an equal match at this time, they asked for negotiations, they became the empires first allies in exchange for keeping their homeworld sith free.

It has the whole story, empire fought them, it was an equal match at this time, they asked for negotiations, they became the empires first allies in exchange for keeping their homeworld sith free.

No, it specifically states the details of the meeting were never released. We can assume this is why they allied but have nothing solid. It doesn't matter, it suits my purposes just fine either way

I get really, really specific when I develop RP backgrounds for characters. I rarely RP but hate looking like a tool that doesn't know what he's talking about if I used misinformation to develop a backstory

It didn't make sense to me that Chis would be with Empire but a few Chis are noted to play bad guys. i.e. Thrawn Trilogy. Also I think the bad dude in Outbound Flight was Chisstoo. Lots of stuff is kind of weird in the game like that.

Why are Twileks only Inquisitors?

Why the hell are Zabracks red? You do realize Darth Maul was tattooed red right? I don't think all the Zabracks decided to go out and get inked up together.

Why can't bounty hunters use rifles? Boba Fett has a rifle.

But, the answer to it all is..... WHO CARES? I'm just happy to have a SWTOR game and I will not be one to ruin the game like so many people do by acting like they could have done a better job than George Lucas. People like that are the reason we will probably never seen an Episode 7, 8, and 9.

It didn't make sense to me that Chis would be with Empire but a few Chis are noted to play bad guys. i.e. Thrawn Trilogy. Also I think the bad dude in Outbound Flight was Chisstoo. Lots of stuff is kind of weird in the game like that.

Why are Twileks only Inquisitors?

Why the hell are Zabracks red? You do realize Darth Maul was tattooed red right? I don't think all the Zabracks decided to go out and get inked up together.

Why can't bounty hunters use rifles? Boba Fett has a rifle.

But, the answer to it all is..... WHO CARES? I'm just happy to have a SWTOR game and I will not be one to ruin the game like so many people do by acting like they could have done a better job than George Lucas. People like that are the reason we will probably never seen an Episode 7, 8, and 9.

Twi'leks are only Inquisitors because of the backstory about the Inquisitor being a former slave, the rest of the Empire is racist and not very alien friendly.

The Chiss being brilliant and methodical people, took stock of the situation when the Sith found them. They weighed the gains versus losses in turning them down. They found it more reasonable to ally with the Sith, but with many a strict conditions. This being the first race the Sith encountered that actually CHOSE to NEGOTIATE, the Sith were surprised, and accepted the proposition to talk.

The Sith were not allowed to set foot on the Chiss home world(NONE of the Sith), the Chiss would be responcible for their own world and people, handling their own affairs as they did for thousands of years. In exchange for the Chiss maintaining their own privacy and way of life, they pledged themselves to the service of the Empire, without question.

The Chiss made a tactical move that gave them dominion over themselves, while being a part of the Empire that would most likely would have enslaved them, or destroyed them. Though, I think there are still some Chiss that feel the way the Sith(not the Imperials)treat them is unacceptable. I could be wrong.