Hiding in the Trench Strategy on Ilum

Godbane

On The Shadowlands, Imperials have come up with a strategy for completing the daily/weekly.

What we do is all the Imperials hide in the trench in the middle of the Central Assault point, stacked up on top of each other to reduce visibility.

If we are lucky, a few Republic players may venture up there, then we all pounce on them! If we are really lucky, then maybe some of the kills will even count. Obviously, some Republic players get wise and stop going up there, but many don't (Imperials are theorizing that they may also have a similar daily/weekly mission to complete, but there is thus far no scientific evidence to support that claim).

If that doesn't work then I circle the Central Assault picking up crates. There are usually many other players doing this, so it takes a while. Sometimes I go clockwise. Sometimes I like to switch it up and go counter-clockwise. Sometimes I make it really interesting and go through the center trench.

Good luck out there! Please share any tips you have!

Edited by Godbane

Must be fun being able to gank 1 person with 25 others lol...

I used the term "Gank" because that is exactly what it is when you have that many ppl against such a low number or your twice the persons level.

This guy must be a close friend of yours lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btDIWwFBDgY&feature=autoshare

Edited by Smokey_swtor

Lol, kind of like a trap door spider :). We used to do the same thing in Lotro (no collision detection so players could stack on top of each other) we would all stack on top of each other standing behind a tree and wait for the Freeps to ride out of their base... let them all go slightly past us then pounce on them :). They would die and rez back at their base and we would then move to a new location and do the same thing because of course the freeps were not going to pick the same route they just chose. Just thinking of that brings back some good memories.

Must be fun being able to gank 1 person with 25 others lol...

I used the term "Gank" because that is exactly what it is when you have that many ppl against such a low number or your twice the persons level.

This guy must be a close friend of yours lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btDIWwFBDgY&feature=autoshare

Yeah, it would be interesting to know what would happen if there were equal numbers.

The Trench Strategy was created specifically because otherwise the Republic stays away completely, and then the Imperials move around in a giant ball of roving death seeking out any Republics.

Unfortunately, the Republic players are swift and keep evading the ball. Thus, the Trench Strategy was born.

Edited by Godbane