The lag is killing Maras for me

bklynfinest

Ok, not meant as a QQ thread but it's getting to the point where I find myself being less and less effective in PvP DPS wise because of the lag/fps issues/sync issue in WZs and Ilum, especially given how much the class relies on chaining abilities. Anyone else feel this way? It's especially more frustrating given how sick the class is when I'm OPvPing anywhere else but WZs and Ilum, but unfortunetly it takes an hour to find a decent fight given the Emp pop on my server.

Love the class but debating rolling an alt while BW fixes this issue.

I feel your pain. I was beating on a guy the other day and a friendly assassin stunned the guy I was hitting. The lag was so bad that I could not hit the guy with any ability through the duration of the stun. Some times are worse than others. I have learned to adjust, but there is nothing more frustrating when the enemy is 1 hit from death and it takes you 4 GCDs to finish him off...by then a healer has usually saved the day for my foes

Ok, not meant as a QQ thread but it's getting to the point where I find myself being less and less effective in PvP DPS wise because of the lag/fps issues/sync issue in WZs and Ilum, especially given how much the class relies on chaining abilities. Anyone else feel this way? It's especially more frustrating given how sick the class is when I'm OPvPing anywhere else but WZs and Ilum, but unfortunetly it takes an hour to find a decent fight given the Emp pop on my server.

Love the class but debating rolling an alt while BW fixes this issue.

Curious whats ur system?

I have an i7 920 wc'd running at 4.2ghz and a GTX 570; 30mbit time warner cable connection. Don't have issues with any game w/r/t lag or FPS hits.

It's not just about lag in the sense you're thinking, it's about 'stuttering' abilities. I find it happens most often with battering assault. If I'm not careful and I hit it twice fast, it starts the animation, and then it starts it again. Same with force scream, and others.

Sometimes abilities just refuse to go off at all. My system's specs are similar to yours.