Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why so many grey items?

thomaspraill

Do the dev's really not know what grey items were for? First of all we can all agree that World of Warcraft invented the concept. But why? Did anyone at bioware ever ask why?

I'll tell you: to be realistic and not break immersion. Lets say you kill a sabertooth cat. Since cats generally don't carry money it would be kind of silly to loot 20 silver off it's corpse. Instead you loot 2x[sabertooth Tusk] that sell for 10 silver each. This is why grey items exsit.

It really seems like they blatently and shamelessly plagerized this idea not even knowing what it was for.

This is an example of why this game will fail. Very very poor development team. The entire game reeks of it.

Edited by thomaspraill

i see. Because the other day when i killed a beast i did not pick up patches of fur from the corpse which was a grey item that i could sell.

Oh no wait, i did.

I'm not sure if you're ignoring the larger point or completely missing it. Here's a hint: You also get grey items off any human player that you kill that could have easily had money.

I agree wow was the first to start the mmorpg genre ever!!!

At least this game allows you to send ur companion away to sell all that crap. Usually you have to pick through your inventory to get rid of it.

Edit: To reference wow....why did only 3 of those 50 boars I just killed have hearts or eyes!! /boggle.

Edited by Phanatik

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.