Last mission for Agent all messed up.

Framperton

I'm posting this to either ask for help/let it be known that the last boss fight for chapter 1 for the IA story-line is glitched to hell.

I can't fight the person I'm supposed to because "I can't see the target" despite them standing right in front of me 3 steps up on a little platform. I can't attack them with anything, and they won't attack me.

The only way I can actually get into the fight is if I run through the boss, and he only attacks my companion first. Naturally this screws up any plan of attack I have, and I always die, because he kills off my companion and I am effectively left trying to kill a boss my myself.

Are there any workarounds/fixes that I can use to get past this? I need to kill the boss in order to continue the agent storyline.

This is incredibly frustrating as I probably won't play until this absurd and game breaking glitch is patched.

I've already tried resetting the local phase and resetting the mission as well, nothing works.

That's all I can really say for now, I have enjoyed it so far.

You can send in your companion and have them attack and then put them on passive to pull the boss out. Or use a knockback on the boss to get him off the platform. You can also bring a friend and have them assist. Granted you will need to fly them in on your ship.

You can stand just within targeting range, send your companion to attack and then put it on passive as soon as your companion gets aggro. The boss will then come off the platform - or he might just stun your companion and stay up on the platform. So, I did not kill him this way because he would have my companion to half health within seconds and still be in the same place. Sometimes he'd run off, sometimes not.

What I did was take out Vector who was as well geared as I had Kaliyo. I went up on the platform and got behind him and then stabbed him. I then immediately knocked him off the platform with Cover Pulse - which is why I was directly behind him so he would get knocked down the stairs. Once he's off that platform you can target him just fine. Then it's just a matter of interrupting his lightning and keeping him off you. It was not an easy fight due to the bug, and Cover Pulse did not always go off... Gotta love hearing click click click and nothing happens even though it's not on cd.

And then you get to kill him again! :eek:

Good luck. He's definitely beatable solo, but you have to use all your tricks. My best advice is to bring a friend.

This WILL drive you nuts. You have to beat him down 3 times, and he is really tough. After that, you run through the ship with multiple silvers beating on you. Do your self a huge favor and get a friend to go along. Just a little help goes a loooong way on this one. I had my girl friend who is a sith several levels below me along and we got it done.

I know people have gotten it alone, but why waste the cash when you can have help. This is an MMO after all. :D

Edited by SolHalcon

How do you send your companion to attack?

would I even need to get her on passive if she engages properly?

Control+1 will send them in to attack or you can click on the number 1 ability on their bar which will send them in.

Control+2 turns them passive.

This assumes you have default keybinds and are not using those combinations for any other ability.

I know people have gotten it alone, but why waste the cash when you can have help. This is an MMO after all. :D

My problem was not having any friends with characters anywhere close to my level to help and I play at odd hours. Also, around the 5th time he killed me, things had gotten personal. I was determined to kill my pixelated tormentor bug or no bug. Sad to admit, but it was immensely satisfying to beat him. :rolleyes: