Open PvP suggestions needed

juliandracos

To begin, my assassin is only level 31 so the advice I am asking about should be limited to level appropriate stuff.

What I want advice about is how to handle the "range gap" with enemy players using blasters, assault cannons, grenades, etc. I was jumped repeatedly by a full group of level 35 republics, none of which were Jedi. The fact that I died doesn't surprise me.

However, during the fight I found myself having a difficult time being able to do damage because I could never close the gap. They would just run in circle and constantly jump. I was basically just chasing them around.

I used electrocute first, and the target purged it. I then used whirlwind, followed by someone in the group purging it for him.

This basically reduced me to using force powers on him.

As an assassin, at least at this level, am I just limited to force powers when dealing with non-force users?

Basically, if you are running in Deception you have no viable way to close the gap other than Force Cloak/Force Shrouding. (Though I'm not sure what level you get those)

At level 30 in the Darkness tree I believe you should be able to get Force Pull.

At level 20 in the Madness tree you can pick up Death Field, though the cool down is quite long.

Really, Force Speed is the best closer we have. Other than that I spent 75% of my time leveling stealthed so I could be jumping them instead of them jumping me.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am doing Deception

I do have force speed and Force Cloak. Since I am so used to just doing PvE tanking, I haven't really used these. I did use Force Cloak once to escape from the group.

I'll move those to a different spot on my quick bar and see if the next time this happens I can close the gap. At the very least, it turns me from prey to predator for a moment.

you shouldnt open with electrocute.

i belive you have low slash right now. make sur eyou apply force slow after.

when you get force shroud at 36 you can resist alot of knockbacks etc.

basically pick your target, low slash, open up with whatever combo you deem good. force slow , thrash, discharge as needed.

we really lack stickiness, it doenst get better. you gotta choose your target. try to get lowslash ->> electrocute off and then force slow. Force slow is basically our stick to the target ability.

low slash has a releatively reasonable cooldown so make sure you stay on top of using it.

you shouldnt open with electrocute.

i belive you have low slash right now. make sur eyou apply force slow after.

when you get force shroud at 36 you can resist alot of knockbacks etc.

basically pick your target, low slash, open up with whatever combo you deem good. force slow , thrash, discharge as needed.

we really lack stickiness, it doenst get better. you gotta choose your target. try to get lowslash ->> electrocute off and then force slow. Force slow is basically our stick to the target ability.

low slash has a releatively reasonable cooldown so make sure you stay on top of using it.

I'd would not use low slash as an opener, that is sort of a waste. I usually open up with maul and the use force slow right after. I'm a big fan of using low slash as more of an interrupt, then i cast crushing darkness and immediately follow up with either a Shock or Discharge, you get some nice burst with that combo.