Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Can't get [Hard-Mode] Battle for Ilum Quest

Hey guys,

I am unable to talk to the courier droid to get the [Hard-Mode] Battle for Ilum quest and therefore cannot run Hard-mode with my guild. I have not done the dungeon on normal mode, HOWEVER neither have the guildmates who are currently zoned into [Hard].

Is there any work around? I have the "Ilum Under Siege" quest in my log, which wants me to complete the dungeon. No matter how many times I drop it and re-accept it, I still can't get the Hard-mode.

So, anybody have a solution?

• 5 weeks later...
a friend of mine is having the same problem. he can't talk to any of the hard mode couriers. he's tried picking up the normal quest and dropping it, but that only seems to work for taral V. he can't get into maelstrom hard mode.

I can confirm you don't have to do any FPs on normal before HM. Don't argue against me, I have first hand experience with skipping normals and getting into HMs.

What I have explained to countless people ingame - You CAN'T have "[GROUP] Flashpoint: <FP name>" in your quest log because that is normal mode. Drop it, talk to the FP npc and get Hard mode. For Boarding Party, Foundry and D7 you need to either have done Call to Arms (BP+Foundry) and Immediate Vengeance (D7) before or have them in your quest log on the correct mission step. Also, when getting those quests you automatically get normal mode (and like I said, drop it).

Also, observation; no matter how clear I am on only dropping "GROUP: Flashpoint" people always drop Call to Arms/Immediate Vengeance too and have to retake them, even if I've told them to get those quests if they were unable to enter...

Edited by Ruzlix

I can confirm you don't have to do any FPs on normal before HM. Don't argue against me, I have first hand experience with skipping normals and getting into HMs.

What I have explained to countless people ingame - You CAN'T have "[GROUP] Flashpoint: <FP name>" in your quest log because that is normal mode. Drop it, talk to the FP npc and get Hard mode. For Boarding Party, Foundry and D7 you need to either have done Call to Arms (BP+Foundry) and Immediate Vengeance (D7) before or have them in your quest log on the correct mission step. Also, when getting those quests you automatically get normal mode (and like I said, drop it).

Also, observation; no matter how clear I am on only dropping "GROUP: Flashpoint" people always drop Call to Arms/Immediate Vengeance too and have to retake them, even if I've told them to get those quests if they were unable to enter...

Either way you can solo both at 50, it takes a whole 20 mins, imo it is better to just run them on normal when you have some free time. then you never have to worry about it again. Cuase two nights ago i could not get HM on Foundry. When i had already done it once.

It's probably just as well, the last two bosses in Battle for Ilum are annoying as hell :p One guy has a melee shield so you cannot beat him with melee dps without it enraging, plus he spawns bugged adds, and the last guy stealths, stuns and one-shots the whole party. At this point I don't even care if I never get my columi off-hand because that hardmode is a pain. It's worse than Directive 7. :cool: Edited by MorgonKara

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.