Server changing option

michaelayala

I will begin by saying that I love Star Wars:TOR. I am in love with it and my friends are also. Unfortunately many people and their friends picked the first server they could find and didn't really talk with their buddies as to which server they will be playing on.

The same thing has happened to me and countless others. Now, I'm not about to give up all the hours I put into my character and make a new one, with virtually the same storyline on another server. I would want to kindly ask BioWare to add the option to be able to change servers, so that friends can all join up and play together and have an enjoyable Star Wars experience.

If changing servers as soon as you log isn't really an option, then may I propose to give at 1 server switch per month or at the very least 1 server switch to 1 character. This will link a bunch of players together and might alleviate the stress some servers feel upon the rush hours. by having them switch to a less populated server(especially for many who like to play in peace within the chatbox).

I would love to stay and see the responses for this but I must go to work now.

I kindly ask again BioWare, please, please add this option to server hop in one of your next updates. I would gladly wait a couple of weeks if announced and I'm sure many players would love this option.

Please no flaming or trolling.

First, great post Michael. I find it very amusing that the first reply here is telling you to "reroll as you can get to 50 in a week." I think you explained why that is probably not an option as you mentioned , ya know, a job. I could so easily take this down a different road but that was already addressed.

I think being able to switch servers would be great and agree fully it should be offered. Maybe you can only have x amount of moves per account so use them wisely.

Dude just reroll. It takes like a week to get to 50.

If you poopsock it, perhaps.

I agree with you OP, at a minimum, I hope at some point in the future, we have the option to do server transfers. I rolled on The Courageous which was advertised as a Standard pop server, when reality, there's maybe 60 people on Fleet at primetime. I'm going to just reroll, but it sucks to lose all that crafting progress like that.