Re-bind space combat movement keys independent of regular movement keys?

GreymaneAlpha

I play with A and D rebound from turn left / right to strafe left / strafe right, and I use Q and E (normally strafe) as ability hotkeys.

Is there not a way to rebind space combat movement independent of regular movement? If I want to move left/right, I seem to either have to undo my keybinds or use arrow keys to fly...which obviously makes it very difficult to barrel roll and redirect power to shields/weapons.

This is the kind of basic UI keybinding that really should be in the game...

I play the same way and up until reading your post I wasn't even aware you could strafe in space combat...

Seriously bioware? One would assume your keybinds would carry over.

No, the problem is that, by default, turn left/right moves your ship to the left/right while keeping your crosshairs at the same place. But it seems as though you can't rebind these movement keys for space combat independently of movement keys for normal movement.

Thus, if you rebind turn/left right and mouse-turn (like most Arena pros, for example), you're apparently screwed for the space combat.

It would be nice if they just made it so the strafe keys worked the same as the turn keys in space. In the meantime you could always bind some other keys you're not using on a different part of your keyboard to forward #2, backwards #2, turn left #1, and turn right #1. Use your arrow keys or L < > ? or something. Your don't need the rest of your keybinds while you're in space so it's not really a huge problem.

• 1 year later...