Fps Problem

Lightmania

There's been other posts today about people experiencing the same problem (ran well in beta, having low FPS now).

Best thing you can do is a) make sure you're using the latest drivers for your graphics card, and b) post what kind of graphics card you're using so devs can start looking for a pattern.

I get much better frames in WoW than TOR, as well - I think it's just harder on the GPU. Once you've backed everything off to low, the only thing to do from there is drop your screen res a bit.

I'm gonna cave and get a new video card - that's probably the only thing that'll get you the kind of fps you see in WoW.

I'm using ati radeon hd 5450, I did play in Beta everything was awesome fps running with no problem and killing 5 mobs without any problem..... i had some on high in beta but now everything is on low nothing is working... i did make my video card run with the highest performance no changes wierd anyone can help me?

How to improve my fps problem in Star wars... in wow i'm normally having 60 fps now i get like 10 fps while moving around and everything is on low any help plz?

This is because ur graphic card sucks.

Unlike wow, which is CPU heavy, and not very heavy on the graphic card. This game is heavy on the graphic card, but very easy on the CPU.

Upgrade ur ****** radeon card, and problem solved.

Tomshardware did a benchmark with the beta to see how hard the game was on both CPU and GPU.

Turns out you will be able to play this game just fine on any quadcore that has above 2.4ghz, but with graphics cards... u want atleast a gtx560Ti for high settings.

And 570/580 SLI or 6970 Crossfire for Ultra settings with max AA, etc.

Edited by Cratzky

i heard people with ati in beta got some fps boast from having them off on im a ati now so i dont what the preformance for myself will be like but if u have updated since beta u try cleaning off the new driver and going back to the 1 you had during beta.

my desktop falls alseep when I play this game due to not being tested fully capped; however, my laptop is a sony vi and it took some playing around to get the fps working. I made everything low, took off grass and tree details and took my screen res down to around 1020x800ish or something like that (i just know it was like the 3rd from the lowest reso setting). I have a amd 2x atholon 2.4 ghz cpu, 4gb or ram and some onboard raedon 4000ish gpu. Now, the difference between my desktop and my laptop graphics are night and day, total opposites, but if the idea is to just play, then doing this to your settings will allow that.

good luck. dont get discuraged. if you need help with finding out how to adjust your gpu settings ect, just ask.

Hi Everyone,

For issues with lag/performance see the discussion thread here:

Too laggy to move/fight

You may also want to check out these two guides for increasing performance on your computer:

*Ultimate* Desktop PC Performance Guide

Ultimate Guide to speeding up Win 7 on low/mid range systems

In the interest of consolidating the discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the ones linked above for further discussion.

Thank you for your patience.