Spongebob... and no word on rollbacks.

Fictionfanatic

Gabe,

What's the word on rollbacks on valor? Or are you leaving that up to Spongebob and Patrick again... we'll make this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch that this guys COUSIN, fixed.

Sincerely,

Dr. R.

Edit: added the word Valor

Edited by Fictionfanatic
typo

Gabe,

What's the word on rollbacks? Or are you leaving that up to Spongebob and Patrick again... we'll make this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch, to fix this patch that this guys COUSIN, fixed.

Sincerely,

Dr. R.

get it out of your head, there is not going to be rollback

Rollback is a retarded idea. Yeah there was exploitation on a mass scale, but rolling back will hurt all the players who were actually doing other things than exploiting Illum. There would be a lot more pissed off people if they logged in and saw their character rolled back 5 levels. That would be the ultimate rage quit on a mass scale.

Of course some MMO's do rollbacks, and of course it's possible to do with HeroEngine. (Anybody with any database familiarity would snort at the idea that it wasn't possible.)

This MMO, however, never will.

The official word was that people who abused the system yesterday will be investigated and appropriate action will be determined. This, as we've come to discover, means that nothing will happen, but devs will disagree that this means that nothing will happen.

Sheet happens, man... Really, be patient, stay in the game, battle hard for it and you'll eventually get there.

I appreciate your encouragement. However, your statement implies that the Ilum incident was an accident. It was a blatant mistake. In the engineering world when "stuff" happens, we call it failure of imagination. This was failure to listen, and failure to plan. In my world you either die or get fired for it.

I know this is just a game, but I expect professional decisions and behavior from people at their salary grade.