Cybertech Reverse Engineering Blue Earpieces

kuliksco

30? That's nothing. I'm sorry to say this, but you should be prepared for much worse. If you get a purple schematic within 30 pieces, then you got lucky.

It took me 70 or 80 attempts to get my first purple schematic on a level 49 piece. Also, more bad news, my next schematic was a +presence piece of garbage that I'll never sell. After REing a bit over 300 level 49 pieces, I have 7 purple schematics total, 3 of which are useless.

Though, if you're talking about a lower level piece, I think the conventional wisdom is that the purple rate is higher. Not really sure, though. I've had it go both ways with low level pieces.

hmm, i got all my the purples for each level 22 mod/armoring and each one took me less than 10 tries, most of them took less than 5.

The earpieces seem much harder. I already have all 8 or so blue schematics but the purples are not showing up like they did for the mods/armoring. I'm wondering if they have a much lower success rate.

took me 60+ to get my first purp on the 49 blue. took me another 50 to get a secnod because i got "you already know that schematic" 2 times in a row.

I don't recall ever getting that message before. Are you REing a different type of blue? In my experience the blue has always learned purple version of the blue that I RE'ed.

For example,

RE'ing a green Entropic Energy Chip taught a blue Critical Entropic Chip earpiece.

RE'ing a blue Guardian Armoring 22 would learn a purple Advanced Armoring 22.

I have around 10-12 lvl 49 epic patterns now and have only had 1 rough experience (for ear pieces). I gave up on it after 80 tries and moved on to another. Its just my superstition but I always craft 15 before I touch them for RE'ing. I really don't like doing 5 or 10 at a time. Only twice I didn't get an epic in the first 15, the one mentioned above and another that I got in the first 5 of the next batch. Luck of the draw I guess, it does appear to be streaky so if it gets ugly take a break from it for a day and then do another 15. GL

I don't recall ever getting that message before. Are you REing a different type of blue? In my experience the blue has always learned purple version of the blue that I RE'ed.

For example,

RE'ing a green Entropic Energy Chip taught a blue Critical Entropic Chip earpiece.

RE'ing a blue Guardian Armoring 22 would learn a purple Advanced Armoring 22.

From what I've read, (thankfully haven't experienced it myself) there is (was?) a bug whereby when you RE'd a blue to get a purple, it didn't exclude any previously learned purples from that blue, thus you'd roll the same purple. Giving you the "already know that" error message.

Remember, with Tiered (prefix) RE's, there are 3 different blues you can learn from each green, and from each of those blues, there are 5 different purples. (well, supposed to be. Thankfully it doesn't seem like you can learn the alacrity purple from a redoubt blue... which at least is good for Jedi Knights, as they gain virtually no benefit from alacrity)

From what I've read, (thankfully haven't experienced it myself) there is (was?) a bug whereby when you RE'd a blue to get a purple, it didn't exclude any previously learned purples from that blue, thus you'd roll the same purple. Giving you the "already know that" error message.

Remember, with Tiered (prefix) RE's, there are 3 different blues you can learn from each green, and from each of those blues, there are 5 different purples. (well, supposed to be. Thankfully it doesn't seem like you can learn the alacrity purple from a redoubt blue... which at least is good for Jedi Knights, as they gain virtually no benefit from alacrity)

oh wow, i didn't realize that. looking through the recipes i've learned now i see some are critical, redoubt, or overkill for the earpieces. This is good to know, now i have a use for my huge stockpile of green mats.

I have a few purple ears but it does take time and mats. Be prepared for a long road if you are trying to unlock em all.

I think one of the things that seems to mess it up is the different way ears are created, meaning their different bonuses depending on "crits". I think that must have something to do in the background with making purples out of them.

you guys know no pain I just reverse engineered my 300th earpiece and still no purple :(

can you definitely get a purple earpiece form the lvl 49 blues?

Yes. Yes you can. Sometimes I get a purple my first try, sometimes I have to wait days in between a new schematic.

Edited by FuzzNasty

can you definitely get a purple earpiece form the lvl 49 blues?

Can for sure, think I've got like 9 so far. Matter of fact, just here checking to see if I've got what I want from one of the blues. Turns out I do, so, yay, done with that one.

Edited by Battilea

took me about 50 blues for my first then i got my 2nd after only about 5-10 blues. The purples are selling for about 99k on rubat crystal. The ones with augments are fetching up to 200k or more.

I wish prices were that good on my server, we get about half that or less. And someone's been flooding the GTN with 30k purple inquisitor ears. And Mandalorian iron is like 8-10k a piece. It's been crazy the past couple weeks.

I wish prices were that good on my server, we get about half that or less. And someone's been flooding the GTN with 30k purple inquisitor ears. And Mandalorian iron is like 8-10k a piece. It's been crazy the past couple weeks.

mandalorian iron is about the same price on my server. Not too many people selling earpieces on the GTN yet so we can pretty much make our price. 100k doesn't seem like a whole lot if you can you get that in 10 dailies.

Is it possible to RE blue earpieces to get purple ones? I have RE'ed at least 30 of them and so far nothing. Just wondering if I'm blowing all my mats for nothing.

I RE over 250 :)

I got 3 puple schematic beforIi get to 100 but this was pre patch.

After that it looks like something is broken becouse I didn't even get an info that I already know this schematic, and I wanted to get one specific type of earpiece (+crit+surge).

Managed to get the purple willpower defence earpiece within 10 RE's. Was a waste of time though, the purple had exact same stats as the blue except it had +40 presence....useless for pvp and group content.

Been working on other purples recently, at around 45 RE's on DPS willpower earpiece with no purple. But, nothing else to do with cybertech so may as well keep going! Armouring? Useless. Mods? Useless. Droid parts? Useless. Grenades? Useless. Speeders? Useless. Arggh!!

I built 11 blue redoubt pieces. 5 of them were slotted (I sell these) and I got 2 purple recipes from the remaining 6, both of which are pretty useful.

I got lucky today. Now I may go a day or two with no more purples (although I don't think I need to learn any more, I've been crafting since Xmas and have just about all the purples recipes people want.

• 2 weeks later...
I got my Merc crit/sure earpiece my second RE of the blue, and the. Crit an augment slot on the fourth ear. Now that i have my earpiece, ive been trying to make one good for Sorcs/Assassins, and have gone through about 50. Apparently i have a long way to go before my guildies get purple ears... =]