Why are there so much emos on the servers?

GluckTriD

Hey racist, why do you call me ivan? Are you always such a jerk? Don't you get it that calling a russian Ivan or muslim Mohammed is an insult? I've reported on you, hope you will be banned

Thats what I'm talking about. I hate guys that write the messages like above :)

Thanks for the possibility to show how to react on jerks in chat :)

haha

okay that was pretty good, made me chuckle

I do agree there are too many people that are easily-offended, I think the media breeds this sort of victim mentality just look at the 'self-esteem' generation in america these days

I'm always see people in general chat (and in forum) that see offense in almost everything. And yeah, they think that someone should save them from the scary world around.

But I am really curious why don't they go to the kindergarten for their plays. While probably they will be offended by the color of sand in sandbox.

Just some examples to explain my whine:

Someone is speaking russian in general = these emo are offended - they don't know what the people talk about, probably they are laughing at them?

Someone tells that he doesn't like any group of people = he is a new Hitler, he gonna kill us!!!111

Someone walking with PvP flag is suddenly attacked when almost dead in fighting with mobs = he is a cheater and a scum!!! I forgot to turn it off, yes, but he is so baaad to kill me!!!!

Guys, nobody is really trolling you, you just have to grow up and understand that the world is a cruel and dirty place. If you are not ready - don't talk to strangers and play in the backyard.

So your complaining about thers complaining? Your logic is flawed.

Interesting phrase there. What gives anyone the right to "take the chat?" That's the question - and my answer is "no one has that right more than anyone else."

Again, have a quick question or want to give a quick shout-out to someone? Post in General. Want to have an extended conversation, about any topic or in any language (including English)? If you don't take it private, you're showing a lack of respect for other people on General chat, and I couldn't blame them for harrassing you about it.

It really doesn't matter what the majority language is of people actively engaged on a General conversation. General chat is everyone's resource equally, and if you effectively make it useless for anyone else, you should expect fallout.

When I'm saying about "take the chat" thats not about troll attack of several people. That is when the majority of the users are not english-speakers (or don't want to be). That is natural that the view of a majority is what is right.

As an example - european colonists went to America and killed most of the natives. Should they use some kind of Comanches language? Now english is what is normal in US, french in Canada, Portuguese in Brasil and spanish everywhere else.

And now you can see that spanish language is more common then english in southern states. And black culture is winning on MTV as long as more then a half of teens in US is black.

Just wait for a hundred years and we all will talk chinese.

That is the way of life - nobody cares about minority. If there are lot of people talking in russian and several frustrated - then frustrated are losers :)

Sounds like your on a pve sever guess that might be the problem?

Why is that a problem? Don't want to PvP - don't set up the flag.

BTW, is there a way here to join concurrent replies without making new messages. Terrible forum, i need multi-quote

As an example - european colonists went to America and killed most of the natives. Should they use some kind of Comanches language? Now english is what is normal in US, french in Canada, Portuguese in Brasil and spanish everywhere else.

And now you can see that spanish language is more common then english in southern states. And black culture is winning on MTV as long as more then a half of teens in US is black.

:rolleyes: You need a fact-checker.

Just wait for a hundred years and we all will talk chinese.

And I for one welcome our future Chi-comm overlords.

Edited by DNA_Cowboy

When I'm saying about "take the chat" thats not about troll attack of several people. That is when the majority of the users are not english-speakers (or don't want to be). That is natural that the view of a majority is what is right.

1) You don't know what the majority of chat users speak - mainly because the majority of chat users aren't speaking at any given time. If they were, chat would be endlessly scrolling much, much faster than anyone could possibly read it. (Hint: You don't have to type to use chat - and if they're not typing, you don't know what language they speak.)

2) The idea that the "majority" is right is false. In fact, there's a term for that kind of thinking - the "tyranny of the majority." Ultimately, that's not a desirable state for anyone, even the majority of today.

3) My point isn't about language anyway - it's about overusing a common resource. Look up "tragedy of the commons" to see what I mean. If you're engaging in it, expect people to be "emo" about it - and complaining about the "emos" complaining about you is a bit hypocritical. They have as much right to "emo" at you as you have to carry on a conversation in Russian.

Edited by BobaTed