Which PVP West server should I pick.

solicehaha

The Crucible Pits if you plan on being Republic or Empire is a really good choice. Really good amount of Empire that out number the republic but not by a huge margin. Ruinous guild on Republic side with 500+ members and Dara Mactire with 500+ members also on Empire. Both guilds are top PvP guilds who focus on large scale battles and world PvP. These are just two of the many large guilds rolling on that server with 300-400+ members already signed up.

Dara Mactire houses players like Swifty and Athene. Two well known players.

The Crucible Pits will definitely be an epic server .

Having played on Darkspear in WoW, the reasons you listed are why NOT to play on The Crucible Pits. Playing on a server with a bunch of followers of internet sensations is a bit lame.

That being said, Warriors of the Shadow is a US West PvP server.

Having played on Darkspear in WoW, the reasons you listed are why NOT to play on The Crucible Pits. Playing on a server with a bunch of followers of internet sensations is a bit lame.

That being said, Warriors of the Shadow is a US West PvP server.

Followers l0l? Or the fact I've played against Ruinous on Kil'Jaden and it made world PvP healthy as well as fun on the server we played on. As far as I know Dara Mactire is the same way. Why wouldn't I want healthy world PvP on a server I play on? Why wouldn't others want that? Why would I not want to share that information with others? It has nothing to do with being a follower, I'm simply saying there are well known pvpers and guilds who focus on world PvP rolling on The Crucible Pits and that's what a lot of people are looking for. Those guilds will encourage epic world PvP and there is nothing wrong with that. You seem a bit bitter, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's ok. Good luck to you and whatever server you choose to play on :)

Edited by theHightech

I'm actually crunching the numbers now, and it looks like The Crucible Pits will have the better Ratio as well, as far as Guilds Members go.

The Crucible Parts

1684 Republic Guild Members

2123 Empire Guild Members

1:1.25 ratio

The Swiftsure

pre-oceanic players

812 Republic Guild Members

840 Empire Guild Members

+

oceanic players

751 Republic Guild Members

1210 Empire Guild Members

=

1563 Republic Guild Members

2050 Empire Guild Members

1:1.3 Ratio

Just some rough estimates.

This is all based off of 2 links;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=231719#post231719

http://toroz.com.au/2011/12/unofficial-swtor-pvp-server-the-swiftsure-us-west/

I'm actually crunching the numbers now, and it looks like The Crucible Pits will have the better Ratio as well, as far as Guilds Members go.

The Crucible Parts

1684 Republic Guild Members

2123 Empire Guild Members

1:1.25 ratio

The Swiftsure

pre-oceanic players

812 Republic Guild Members

840 Empire Guild Members

+

oceanic players

751 Republic Guild Members

1210 Empire Guild Members

=

1563 Republic Guild Members

2050 Empire Guild Members

1:1.3 Ratio

Just some rough estimates.

This is all based off of 2 links;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=231719#post231719

http://toroz.com.au/2011/12/unofficial-swtor-pvp-server-the-swiftsure-us-west/

Where do you get these numbers, is their somewhere I can look at the actual server pops?

So far the populations are too low and unpredictable to determine which server is going to be the best. After all the talk of The Swiftsure pulling in tons of oceanic players it still has only reached heavy in server population.

The most populated PvP servers are from the East with The Fatman being the only Full population PvP server and Iron Citadel getting Very Heavy during peak times.

The only PvP West server with more than a Heavy population is Dark Reaper.

I am also trying to decide....

Wind whatever, Crucible Pits, Swiftsure or Dark Reaper......

I am starting tomorrow so it would be nice to know where to head!

Im crossing my fingers that I start tomorrow I was dumb and didnt redeem my code until November 30th, my own fault tho, I bought it much earlier than that.

Im crossing my fingers that I start tomorrow I was dumb and didnt redeem my code until November 30th, my own fault tho, I bought it much earlier than that.

ya, i did the same thing. bought it in october, but registered nov 8th.

hoping to get in tomorrow as well.

I'm thinking The Swfitsure, Crucibal Parts

very tough call, i've read a lot about both.

I've been checking the server status list at various times of day over a couple days.

The two PvP West servers worth mention are The Swiftsure and Dark Reaper.

Dark Reaper has the highest population; Swiftsure is second. However Swiftsure, due to all the Oceanic players, retains higher population later into the night where it appears to catch up to Reaper, which tapers off after peak.

For my own decision it will be down to these two servers most likely, depending on how things play out over the next few days. I like the idea of a bunch of people playing in the night hours, and Aussies are ******** (in a good way), so I'm leaning Swiftsure.

Good luck!

It's good to know that the SWTOR forum boards are defending the honor of ******** people everywhere. If you happen to be ******** and playing this game, you can sleep easy knowing that people will be forced to refer indirectly to your "chromosomal advantage" rather than using the nasty term "******". Be well.

I've been checking the server status list at various times of day over a couple days.

The two PvP West servers worth mention are The Swiftsure and Dark Reaper.

Dark Reaper has the highest population; Swiftsure is second. However Swiftsure, due to all the Oceanic players, retains higher population later into the night where it appears to catch up to Reaper, which tapers off after peak.

For my own decision it will be down to these two servers most likely, depending on how things play out over the next few days. I like the idea of a bunch of people playing in the night hours, and Aussies are ******** (in a good way), so I'm leaning Swiftsure.

Good luck!

plus swifture has the guild health alliance, a group of guilds that chose 1 realm with intentions of balancing the ratio of the 2 factions.

i will bring balance to the force by playing republic on swiftsure.

The Crucible Pits smells of WoW trash, wanna-be's, and Swifty's ego...

Also

The Fatman is the only server that is on Heavy in terms of population at the moment if that gives you any insight.

This is a complete lie.

The Swiftsure is Heavy as well and sure to be a great PvP server.

Once more of the Server Health Alliance (SHA) Republic guilds eventually get onto The Swiftsure, then the faction ratio balance will be even better. The Swiftsure should become one of the most balanced servers due to the prearranged plans of the SHA guilds.

If you want around the clock action and good faction balance, you would be wise to consider playing on The Swiftsure.

:cool:

Followers l0l? Or the fact I've played against Ruinous on Kil'Jaden and it made world PvP healthy as well as fun on the server we played on. As far as I know Dara Mactire is the same way. Why wouldn't I want healthy world PvP on a server I play on? Why wouldn't others want that? Why would I not want to share that information with others? It has nothing to do with being a follower, I'm simply saying there are well known pvpers and guilds who focus on world PvP rolling on The Crucible Pits and that's what a lot of people are looking for. Those guilds will encourage epic world PvP and there is nothing wrong with that. You seem a bit bitter, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's ok. Good luck to you and whatever server you choose to play on :)

Dara Mactire World PvP consists of you destroying one of their members in a fair fight and then the whole guild showing up to destroy you.

And any time there was an exploit on Darkspear, Dara Mactire was right in the middle of it.

Edited by Wren_Atticus