Empire = Happy, Republic = Sad

Halofax

Your logic is flawed. If anything, you can gear a Republic player faster. I've played both factions relatively extensively, before you ask. Queue times are much faster on the Republic side, and it's not constant Huttball. Particularly in the case of Voidstar, matches tend to go by faster for the same amount of XP. So when you get matches faster, and they are not full length Huttball matches, you're going to get geared faster.

Empire has a reason to be happy in open world PvP... but by all rights, the Republic should be better off in the ease of gearing up than the Empire. It seems to be that, generally speaking, the Republic players are not particularly skilled in PvP. It's not so much a gear issue.

If anything, playing Huttball constantly does serve as an advantage to the Empire... but not as it pertains to gear. It's just that the Empire learns to coordinate and play as a team by playing Huttball, while the Republic seems to lack communication and coordination as a whole.

Well, maybe they should do like WOW and make an option to turn off xps... everyone could stop at 20 and 40 depending on their preference (I say 20 and 40 because there's orange gear for everyone from the pvp vendors at those levels)... make 10-20, 21-40,41-49, and 50s brackets. Keep the bolster system in place, for those still leveling through the brackets, it would still help. This way, gear could be capped at different stages... and at least then it would only be an unfair fight due to unmirrored abilities per class...

At least the Imps "skill" level would only be boosted by the superior attacks they have been given, and not by the "skill" gear they have been given as a result of the higher percentage of wins they've received from said advantages.

The thing I liked about locking in a toon at lvl 19 in WOW was... If I wanted to play a different class in PVP than the character I developed for a meaningful purpose in PVE... I could level one up to 19 in no time, and be ready to pvp!