Class Starships

Tonedawgz

I honestly adore the D5 Mantis.

It's the perfect ship for the Bounty Hunter. It's a battered, rusty, dented, old box with wings, but enough firepower to take down a Dreadnought, and inside, it has the kind of rustic charm you'd want for a bunch of criminals and misfits.

It's Boba/Jango Fett meets Firefly. Do I need to say more?

I really, really, want (when they have the time and resources to devote to it) more internal items in my ship, and more ways to visually customize the outside -- color, weapons emplacements, different armor patterns, etc.

There's a guy frozen in carbonite on the wall of my ship (BH Mantis). I have no idea who he is or how to get him out. There's ought to be a quest for him.

(I'd love for all classes to have "trophies" they can mount in their ships from their adventures. It would make your ship feel more like "yours", as it slowly fills up with momentos of the quests you've done.)

I totally agree with you on that one, however. It would be awesome to be allowed to have trophies and other customization in your ship. It is, after all, your personal domain.

Edited by Neelah

• 2 weeks later...

Thunderclap.

"She isn't pretty, but the enemy doesn't care how pretty your ship looks as they are being blasted out of space." is my point of view about it. Everything an assault ship should be, tough, fast and uniquely designed. (Save for the obvious B-Wing inspiration. :p )

awesome dude, is the phantom the only ship that you can unlock things for? cause ive played to 30 on my sentinel and i havnt unlocked anything.

I want to know this as well! :o

Actually thinking about it, after every chapter ive had to go back to the fleet, talk to my class trainer who completes the quest, and there's a picture of my ship on the completion box...

Going to hunt around my Fury when I get home...!

Edited by Heley

Defender - A diplomats ship at it's core, it looks really nice and tends to fit the Jedi motif. It definitely has the power to hold it's own in a fight though.

Fury - Sleek, fast and deadly looking, which is everything a Sith would want in a ship.

Phantom - Everything you would expect a top secret agent of the Empire to have. It's sleek look makes it look like a luxury shuttle rather than a military craft, but beneath it's exterior it hides some advanced technology that gives it the punch of military ships.

Thunderclap - Perfect vessel for a trooper. Not as sleek looking, but it has everything it needs for your solider on the inside.

• 1 year later...
Defender (Jedi Kinght/Consular)

Not a bad ship. Kind of reminds me of the head of a hammerhead shark. For a ship that is supposed to be an envoy of peace, the ship could use some sprucing up on the outside. It's kind of clunky and generic. Inside is a bit better. Bright colors and openness make for a good place to host a bunch of officials or hold a war meeting. One thing that the Defender is missing is a crew quarters. Seems to be the only ship missing such a thing.

Of the ships I've been issued, the Defender is the only one I'm unsatisfied with. The ship's appearance feels clunky, and the internal layout seems to be close to pessimal -- having the exit ramp in the middle of the forward compartment wastes usable space, for example. The secure locker is in the upper deck starboard compartment, while the crafting station, the (unlockable) astromech droid, and (unlockable) GTN console are all in the lower deck port compartment, and there's no crew quarters. It seems to me that the secure locker should be moved down to the lower deck where the crafting station is, and that compartment should be redressed as a crew compartment.

On the other side of the coin, the Agent's ship is definitely 'the sexy'; about the only touch of dissatisfaction I have with it is that it feels too conspicuous in its "rich man's luxury yacht" appearance -- although that may be precisely the vibe it's supposed to be giving off, averting suspicion because people would expect that someone traveling in such a ship is likely to be a decadent fop, and not an Imperial Agent.

• 4 months later...
I swear to god...I'm playing tropper and I just got my starship and i was just like W T F ... Its a gosh darn pamphlet..A PAMPHLET! **** design is abominable and illogical. Its not tactically or strategically superior in anyway..Simply just inferior and nothing else. Its inside is average, Some cool soldier gear etc but thats pretty much it. I played a half space combat mission before leaving because i couldn't bear that ugly ship. Who the hell came up the idea to create a pamphlet mutation winged excuse for a spaceship...I really cannot be clear enough to anyone who reads this when i say WHAT IN THE F U C K..! Considering the Agents ship and the awesome smugglers. The millenium falcon replica, how could they **** up when it came to an elite soldier. A bad *** elite republican frontline soldiers only mean of transportation is aside from the bounty hunters ship, THE MOST UGLY SHIP IN THE STAR WARS HISTORY and the SWTOR GALAXY. When I'm fighting imperials with this ship I can literally hear them laughing their asses off when seeing me fly by... Callsign Meteor...Hah ...sure... More like Mr. big shot pamphlet ship flying LOSER who's flying a ship thats like HELLBEND on catching a freaking asteroide with its Freaking face! due to its horrible design. Of all the ships displayed in all the Star wars movies so far, even though they take place some thousand years earlier or later, they implement these abominable...ahh...things..They should have modified the original super X WIngs or Y WIngs or something like them slightly and taken them into use. This is just terrible!! Edited by aldiabaalos

Sry but i hate the agent ship because it looks like the naboo ship from episode 1 altho it's really high tech and all that i wouldn't like to have it. i like mantis alot because it is said to be fast and powerful plus it looks like a BH ship it's just an older version of Slave 1. Didn't mind fury but I couldn't feel a big time sith lord in it but prehaps it's cuz most sith lords in the films and games didn't have ships like fury or just used shuttles. Jedi ship is quiet good tbh it looks peaceful inside and those cannons outside make it look powerful but i wonder whether the jedi use force as sheild or the ship has it's own sheild... Edited by kaczuszka