Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

I would love to see this big Valor gain everyone is saying they got i was on Ilum for 5 hours and to just get my daily done and i only got half a lvl of valor was lvl 51 now half way threw 52 and the empire had all the control points and we were hanging out in center

the republic was to damn scared to come out and face us so there was no big valor gain on my server so gratz to those that got valor if u got any it just made the planet more fun to be on becasue it was pointless before no pvp action at all on it now there is so be happy for that

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've never said they're going to do anything about it. And all they did to credit dupers was give them a warning and let them have the credits. All signs point to keeping the valor in.

I doubt that, credits really as gamebreaking as pvp gear would be. Bigger deal =/= same solution.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Bioware just loves shanking us republic players whenever they get a chance. Totally ruined ilum for us.

fixing this is one thing.

but if ALL THE VALOR and ALL THE PVP GEAR PURCHASED in the last 24 hours is not rolled back, myself and my guild of 350+ people will be cancelling our subs tomorrow morning.

I thought nothing can make me unsubscribe from this game...but wow...looks like EA/Bioware managed it!

Edited by ulvsblak

fixing this is one thing.

but if ALL THE VALOR and ALL THE PVP GEAR PURCHASED in the last 24 hours is not rolled back, myself and my guild of 350+ people will be cancelling our subs tomorrow morning.

I thought nothing can make me unsubscribe from this game...but wow...looks like EA/Bioware managed it!

Welcome to Illum Fist **** Festival !

Bioware just loves shanking us republic players whenever they get a chance. Totally ruined ilum for us.

By "us" you mean your server only right? Cause Republic outnumbers us on mine and they all PvP so yeah :)

I don't think its universal

Edited by SithtobeJedi

They are "shanking" everyone.

If you were not there as an Imp you lost out on massive valor gains and the people that chose to interpret them as not exploits or griefing etc are rewarded.

etc etc .....

The dev arrogance just makes me sick. They talk to us like they are in a share holder meeting.Guess they dont want a roll back because as we all know the devs play Empire only.There is nothing like beeing killed in spawn for hours while knowing the other faction is having huge valor gains with the approval of the devs.How many subs have you lost today ?? how many more will you lose the coming days ?

I wonder how many will quit in a week or two because they got their valor easy and have no external incentives left to PvP?

How many Battlemasters will bother going to Ilum anymore?

Maybe this was a cunning strategy to balance the factions (surely borrowed from Baldrick's book of cunning plans) by giving a big chunk of people no reason to keep PvPing other than for fun (which we all know isn't a good enough reason for most).

What I find ironic is that from a pragmatic point of view all this is not so bad. I mean yeah people have that gear edge but anyone who still actively PvPs and is not 50 is already accustomed to fighting an uphill battle. And there's also the fact that none of this affects the lower bracket which is finally free of expertise; it's just that there isn't much incentive left to level anymore.

Then again, practice is one thing and principle is another. While I don't have a problem fighting undergeared (I do it most of the time anyway), I do have a problem with an unjust reward system. The champ gear bags were already a problem of this kind and now this.

What perhaps bugs me more about this whole thing isn't that people got a lot of valor fast. It's that they introduced a system that rewards zerging: whether it was for the huge valor bonuses or not, this system would have lead to the same imbalance anyway. The process just got sped up, and in a way we're lucky it did because more people noticed the problem as a result.

I'm thinking I'll probably just play the lower bracket til I get bored of it and quit. Shame because the "endgame" could've been fun.

I would love to see this big Valor gain everyone is saying they got i was on Ilum for 5 hours and to just get my daily done and i only got half a lvl of valor was lvl 51 now half way threw 52 and the empire had all the control points and we were hanging out in center

the republic was to damn scared to come out and face us so there was no big valor gain on my server so gratz to those that got valor if u got any it just made the planet more fun to be on becasue it was pointless before no pvp action at all on it now there is so be happy for that

Totally agree I only got 2 lvls after 5 hrs.

TBH if they nerf it anymore it isnt worth doing ilum, yesterday was fun tho.

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

Great, locking people out of participating in a game is worse then bad performance. I'd rather be in Ilum with 2 fps then miss out on it.

Regarding Valor gains, with the 1.1 update, players now receive a base reward of 20 Valor per unique enemy player defeated in a short time, and this base reward is modified by the number of objectives that the player’s faction owns. The gains are rate limited per player killed, encouraging players to attack unique players, not to pursue vendettas. The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on the activity level in the zone. This is expected.

And again you fail to address one of the biggest problems with this game. Only getting valor for unique kills doesn't work when there are 200 Empire against 10 Republic. It means Empire gets no valor at all and Republic needs to drop 1 AoE in 200 Empire and have the guns kill them off for 200x20 = 4000 valor without bonus.

Don't rate limit valor gain from kills until there's a cure for faction imbalance. Second, we need kills to be awarded to everyone in the raid so melee and healers can benefit equally from ranged classes.

Edited by Scalare

Probably been pointed out before - but I didn't feel like reading 217 pages.

It was never Bioware's "intended design" to have enemy players die when entering the opposing base. If it was... the patch wouldn't have been released.

Just say what you mean... which is --> we don't think the current rules are working, so we're going to try something else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.