Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

i'm laughing at all the people butt hurt because they grinded their valor before or after the exploit.

if you climbed to the top of a mountain, would someone who took a helicopter to meet you up there take anything away from your accomplishment?

never mind that it's pathetic if your main sense of self worth comes from grinding in a video game and that the whole point of a video game is supposed to be enjoyment of the process getting the acheivment; what someone else does to get theirs is none of your damn business and if you feel it cheapens your accomplishment then you are already cheap to begin with.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm laughing at all the people butt hurt because they grinded their valor before or after the exploit.

if you climbed to the top of a mountain, would someone who took a helicopter to meet you up there take anything away from your accomplishment?

never mind that it's pathetic if your main sense of self worth comes from grinding in a video game and that the whole point of a video game is supposed to be enjoyment of the process getting the acheivment; what someone else does to get theirs is none of your damn business and if you feel it cheapens your accomplishment then you are already cheap to begin with.

******* of the year award

****** quote is ******.

its more like:

Climb the mountain and get the $1 Million dollars thats up there...and then finding out that some people are taking a helicopter up there.

Damn straight. Any psychologist would tell you the same thing, in a nicer way, of course.

If a rollback makes your ego feel better than your ego is out of tune.

Damn straight. Any psychologist would tell you the same thing, in a nicer way, of course.

If a rollback makes your ego feel better than your ego is out of tune.

It has nothing to do with ego. If all valor got you were vanity titles, then I could care less. But that's not all it gets you. You also get access to top end PvP gear, which is a substantial edge.

someone who gets it!!! yay!!!

Personally, I do not care about the situation at all, but what you are saying here is just wrong. It is not about a sense of accomplishment at all. This allows the enemy faction to obtain a very real advantage in gear, much sooner than they should.

Of course there are always arguments for skill > gear, but all things being equal the geared people will be doing the winning.

Personally, I do not care about the situation at all, but what you are saying here is just wrong. It is not about a sense of accomplishment at all. This allows the enemy faction to obtain a very real advantage in gear, much sooner than they should.

Of course there are always arguments for skill > gear, but all things being equal the geared people will be doing the winning.

except that half the complaints in this and the other threads are along the lines of "i worked too hard for my accomplishment and i'll be damned if blah blah blah..."

the gear discrepancy is a valid complaint but only until they make some new pvp gear, which you know will happen in the next couple months.

Thanks BW for the timing at least, I was able to cancel my account just before resub. If I wanted this kind of arrogant nonsense I would've kept playing WoW

You all must be the biggest looooseerrs in the world, if you cancel a game like this becouse boo hoo someone got battlemaster gear real easy and fast and lots of valor you must not like the game that much at all, Yes yes the need to fix a lot about PvP that is for shore but give a good reason for leaving like i hate the story tell and I think the game play sticks, not becouse of Battlemaster gear.

LOL 300k views and over 3k posts on one thread and they havent said a thing about this total fiasco for 9 days.

Way to handle a problem you created that is easily fixed or atleast remedied until it is fixed.

The lack of communication is really pathetic.

Well since my post has been deleted that I started, I guess Im going to have to give this old one a bump

Seems they want this to get lost in the sauce

too bad .. I personally will not let that happen----- WE want answers!

Well since my post has been deleted that I started, I guess Im going to have to give this old one a bump

Seems they want this to get lost in the sauce

too bad .. I personally will not let that happen----- WE want answers!

agreed they want everyone to forget and no one will just type in Ilum on Google you will get hits by 20-30 forums that are talking about this they have to know that a rollback is required but they wont do it since well ya they want to keep the valor rank.

BioWare, why do you call it Open PvP? Are you joking or something? Where does the Massive word from Massive Multiplayer Online fit in this game if there is a cap of 100 players?

I suggest you to start revamping your open PvP system:

• Add objectives to take, defend and claim by guilds (forts, towers, etc.)
  • Add siege weapons (lasers, machine guns, shield generators, vehicles, etc.)
  • Add PvP abilities and passive stats that could be bought with PvP points (each valor rank would grant a point)
  • Optimize the game!! But I said optimize, not write a guide to configure your PC and get better framerate...
  • Balance the classes!
  • Add any kind of mystic object to protect and take. It could grant the owner faction some kind of buff...
  • Change the planet (Ilum) by a planet with a better environment (Ilum is incredibly awful) Think on the Endor moon for example...
  • A large etc that your PvP designers (not me) should have thought before launching the game with this epic fail of PvP.

Do it, but do it before GW2 gets in market or you will silk like the Titanic...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.